JOURNAL BROWSE
Search
Advanced SearchSearch Tips
Evaluation of Aquatic Animals on the Water in a Rice Field with No-tillage Rice Cover Crop Cropping Systems
facebook(new window)  Pirnt(new window) E-mail(new window) Excel Download
 Title & Authors
Evaluation of Aquatic Animals on the Water in a Rice Field with No-tillage Rice Cover Crop Cropping Systems
Lee, Young-Han; Sonn, Yeon-Kyu;
  PDF(new window)
 Abstract
The objectives of the present study evaluated aquatic animals on the water in a rice field. Field investigation was carried out in conventional tillage without rice straw or green manure crop treatment (CTFS, check plot), no-tillage without cover crops (NTNT), no-tillage amended with rape (NTRA), no-tillage amended with rye (NTRY), no-tillage amended with hairyvetch (NTHV), and no-tillage amended with Chinese milk vetch (NTCM). Total dense population of aquatic animals in HTHV was significantly higher than the other plots (p<0.05) on May 30. Dense populations of Daphniidae and Culicidae on June 20 were lowest in CTFS compared to no-tillage plots (p<0.05). Furthermore, in principal component analysis (PCA), PC1 explained 44.9% of variance, whereas PC2 explained 26%, for a cumulative total of 70.9% and the PC1 of the PCA separated the samples from NT treatments and CFS (p<0.05).
 Keywords
No-till;Microfauna;Paddy;Organic farming;Cover crop;
 Language
Korean
 Cited by
1.
무경운 벼 유기농업이 토양 미생물 생태에 미치는 영향,이영한;안병구;곽연식;

한국토양비료학회지, 2011. vol.44. 5, pp.814-818 crossref(new window)
1.
Impacts of Organic Farming System on the Soil Microbial Ecology in No-till Paddy, Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 2011, 44, 5, 814  crossref(new windwow)
 References
1.
Busscher, W.J., P.J. Bauer, C.R. Camp, and R.E. Sojka. 1997. Correction of cone index for soil water content differences in a coastal plain soil. Soil Till. Res. 43:205-217. crossref(new window)

2.
Erenstein, O. 2002. Crop residue mulching in tropical and semi-tropical countries: an evaluation of residue availability and other technological implications. Soil Till. Res. 67: 115-133. crossref(new window)

3.
Kim, E.S. and Y.H. Lee. 2011. Response of soil microbial communities to applications of green manures in paddy at an early rice-growing stage. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44:221-227. crossref(new window)

4.
Lai, R. 1991. Tillage and agricultural sustainability. Soil Till. Res. 20:133-146. crossref(new window)

5.
Lee, Y.H. 2010. Evaluation of no-tillage rice cover crop cropping systems for organic farming. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:200-208.

6.
Lee, Y.H., D. Son, and Z.R. Choe. 2009. Effects of ricewinter cover crops cropping systems on the rice yield and quality in no-tillage paddy field. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 28(1):53-58. crossref(new window)

7.
Lee, Y.H., B.K. Ahn, and J.H. Lee. 2010. Impacts of rice straw application and green manuring on selected soil physical properties and microbial biomass carbon in no-till paddy field. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(1):105-112.

8.
Lee, Y.S., J.H. Kang, K.J. Choi, S.T. Lee, E.S. Kim, W.D. Song, and Y.H. Lee. 2011. Response of soil microbial communities to different cultivation systems in controlled horticultural land. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44:118-126. crossref(new window)

9.
Osawa, S., T. Inoue, and T. Katsuno. 2004. Effects of paddy field management during winter on the conditon of the aquatic animals in valley-bottom paddy fields in spring. LRJ 67(4):335-338.

10.
SAS Institute, 2006. SAS Version 9.1.3 for Window, SAS Inst., Cary, NC.

11.
Won, D.H., S.J. Kwon, and Y.C. Jun. 2005. Aquatic insects of Korea. Korea Ecosystem Service, Seoul, Korea (In Korean).

12.
Wright, A.L., F.M. Hons, and J.E. Matocha Jr.. 2005. Tillage impacts on microbial biomass and nitrogen dynamics of corn and cotton rotations. Appl. Soil Ecol. 29:85-92. crossref(new window)

13.
Yamazaki, M., Y. Hamada, N. Kamimoto, T. Momii, and M. Kimura. 2004. Composition and structure of aquatic organism communities in varius water conditions of a paddy field. Ecol. Res. 19:645-653. crossref(new window)