- Volume 14 Issue 2
Band assignments in the infrared absorption spectra of the four substituted Urea compounds, Fenuron (3-phenyl-1,1-dimethyl urea), OMU (3-cyclooctyl-1,1-dimethyl urea), Herban (3-(hexahydro-4,7-methanoidan-5-yl)-l,1-dimethyl urea), and Monuron (3-(p-chlorophenyl)-1,1-dimethyl urea), are made by analyzing the spectra obtained with various solvents. The results suggest that Fenuron and Monuron, each of which contain an unsaturated benzene ring, have a strong tendency to bond through both the amino group and the carbonyl oxygen. Herban and OMU, however, exhibit a much greater change in strength of the carbonyl bond than of the amino bond. It means that a strong hydrogen bonding occurs only at the carbonyl oxygen in the compounds.
- J. Am. Chem. Soc. v.77 Svatos, G.F.;C. Curran;J.V. Quagliano
- J. Chem. Phys. v.26 Stewart, J.E.
- Spectrochim. Acta. v.17 Janssen, M.J.
- The Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules Bellamy, L.J.
- Spectrochim. Acta. v.15 Spinner, E.
- Spectrochim. Acta. v.21 Laulicht, J.;S-pinchas;E. Petreanu;D. Samuel
- Natur. Wischen. Heft. v.20 Becher, H.J.;F. Griffel
- J. Inorg. Nucl-chem. v.28 Stonestreet, B.C.;W.E. Bull;R.J. Williams
- Inorganic Chem. v.5 Schaffer, S.M.;C. Curran
- J. Chem. Soc. Richards, R.E.;H.W. Thomson
- Hydrogen Bonding in Solids Hamilton, W.C.;J.A. Ibera
- Infrared Spectra of Adsorbed Species Little, L.H.
- Spectrochim. Acta. v.7 Mizushima, S.I.;M. Tsuboi;T. Shimanouchi;Y. Tsuda
- Clay Minerals v.6 Mortland. M.M.
- Spectrochimica Acta v.10 Yamaguchi, A.;T. Miyazawa;T. Shimanouchi;S. Mizushima