Comaprison of Six Serological Methods for the Diagnesis of Bovine Brucellosis

브루셀라병(病) 검색(檢索)에 사용(使用)되는 여러가지 혈청진단법(血淸診斷法)의 비교연구(比較硏究)

  • 김금화 (농촌진흥청 가축위생연구소) ;
  • 안수환 (농촌진흥청 가축위생연구소) ;
  • 박용호 (농촌진흥청 가축위생연구소) ;
  • 김동성 (농촌진흥청 가축위생연구소)
  • Published : 1982.10.09


Results obtained from six secological tests for diagnosing bovine brucellosis-standard plate agglutination test (SPT), standard tube agglutination test(STT), complement fixation test(CFT), Rivanol test (RT), agar gel precipitation test (AGP) and counterimmunoelectrophoresis(CIEP) were compared using 38 sera from brucella reactors and 222 sera from dairy and beef cattle in field. The SPT gave 1.6% apparent false negative reactions and 15.4% apparent false positive reactions when compared with STT which is an official test for bovine brucellosis in this country. The distribution of antibody titers determined by STT showed that 37.5% of 38 reactors had antibody titers ranging from 100 to 200, and the remaining 62.5% had antibody titers of 400 or higher. when 38 reactor judged by STT were tested by CFT and RT, 32 cattle(82.4%) were positive by CFT and 33 cattle (86.8%) were positive by RT, respectively. This results suggest that RT is comparable to CFT in the diagnosis of bovine brucellosis. The results also indicated that both AGP and CIEP were insensitive to detect brucella infection in cattle.