- Volume 22 Issue 5
Quality Factors and Functional Components in the Edible Seaweeds I. Distribution of n-3 Fatty Acids in 10 Species of Seaweeds by Their Habitats
식용 해조류의 품질구성요인과 그 기능성 성분 I. 서식지에 따른 10종 해조류의 n-3 지방산의 분포
- Published : 1993.10.01
Total lipid contents from 10 species of marine algae(2 green, 5 brown, and 3 red algae) collected from different places in Korea were examined and their fatty acid compositions were compared among species and habitats. Total lipid(TL) was prominent in green laver(about 7.3~10.1%) of the green algae, in sea mustard and seaweed fusiforme(about 3.1~4.8%) of the brown algae and purple laver(about 4.9~6.4%) of the red algae. Sea mustard and seaweed fusiforme collected at Chungmu contained a relatively high level of TL than that at Yosu and Kijang. The TL content of purple laver showed the highest portion in that collected at Nakdong. Green algae comprised the majority of n-3 fatty acids(29.0~66.3%), which mainly consisted of 16 : 4(n-3) (or 16 : 3 (n-3)), 18 : 3(n-3) and 18 : 4(n-3). Brown algae accounted for a low level of n-3 fatty acids(17.9~36.5%) mainly 18 : 4(n-3), 18 : 3(n-3) and 20 : 5(n-3), whereas the brown algae contained a significant level of n-6 fatty acids(7.23~26.5%) such as 20 : 4(n-6) and 18 : 2(n-6). In the case of red algae, the n-3 fatty acids consisted mostly of 20 : 5(n-3) which scored 53% of polyenoic acids in purple laver collected at Nakdong. The proportion of n-3 fatty acids in algae belonging to the same species was higher in algae of high TL contents. Consequently, TL and n-3 fatty acid levels from the seaweeds studied in this paper were different from their habitats.
- Omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease Omega-3 fatty acids from algae. Radmer,R.J.;Lee,R.S.(ed.);Karel,M.(ed.)
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.10 Studies on the lipid of aquatic products. II. A comparative study on fatty acid composition of marine benthic algae Ha,B.S.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.11 Studies on the lipid of aquatic products. II. Fatty acid composition of the lipid in dried purple laver marketable products Ha,B.S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.20 Fatty acid compositions of Miyeok(Undaria pinnatifida) and Pare(Enteromorpha compressa) Hong,J.S.;Kwon,Y.J.;Kim,Y.H.;Kim,M.K.;Park,I.W.;Kang,K.H.
- Nature v.129 Fats of brown seaweeds Russel-Wells,B.
- Tohoku J. Agr. Res. v.28 Differential fatty acid composition of some marine algae associated with their habit at depth Ito,K.;Tsuchiya,Y.
- J. Fac. Fish. Anim. Husb. Hiroshima Univ. v.13 Effects of environmental factors on the lipid components of Porphyra sp Sato,S.;Kayama,M.;Mashiba,M.
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi v.40 Components fatty acids of acetone soluble lipids of 17 species of marine benthic algae Hayashi,K.;Kida,S.;Kato,K.;Yamada,M.
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi v.51 Effect of water temperature on the fatty acid composition of Porphyra Kayama,M.;Iijima,N.;Kuwahara,M.;Sado,T.;Araki,S.;Sakurai,T.
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi v.52 De novo syntheses and conversion of fatty acids in Porphyra Kayama,M.;Iijima,N.;Sado,T.;Mankura,M.;Araki,S.;Sakurai,T.
- Can. J. Biochem. Physiol. v.37 A rapid method of total lipid extraction and purification Bligh,E.G.;Dyer,W.J.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.22 Fatty acid compositions of three species of marine invertebrates Jeong,B.Y.;Moon,S.K.;Jeong,W.G.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.20 Quality changes of dried larvers during processing and storage. I. Quality evaluation of different grades of dried lavers and its changes during storage Lee,K.H.;Song,S.H.;Jeong,I.H.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.10 Factors involved in the quality retention of cultured Undaria pinnatifida Pyeun,J.H.;Park,Y.H.;Lee,K.H.
- Phytochemistry v.11 The component fatty acids of some marine algal lipids Jamieson,G.R.;Reid,E.H.
- Yukagaku v.34 Fatty acid composition of twelve algae from Japanese waters Takagi,T.;Asahi,M.;Itabashi,Y.
- Marine biogenic lipids, fats, and oils v.II Lipids of marine plants Kayama,M.;Araki,S.;Sato,S.;Ackman,R.G.(ed.)
- Science v.143 Biosynthesis of unsaturated fatty acids in microorganisms Erwin,G.R.;Bloch,K.
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi v.49 Changes in the lipids of dried laver Nori at different water activities Kayama,M.;Imayoshi,J.;Araki,S.;Ogawa,H.;Oohusa,T.;Ueno,T.;Saito,M.
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi v.41 Fatty acid composition of lipids in some species of marine algae Sato,S.
- Lancet v.11 Eicosapentaenoic acid and prevention of thrombosis and atherosclerosis Dyerberg,J.;Bang,H.O.;Stoffersen,E.;Moncada,S.;Vene,J.R.
- Atherosclerosis v.49 Lipid and blood pressure-lowering effector of mackerel diet in man Singer,P.;Jaeger,W.;Wirth,M.;Voigt,S.;Naumann,E.;Zimontkowski,S.;Hajdu,J.;Coedicke,W.
- Lipids v.26 Effect of low intake of n-3 fatty acids during development on brain phospholipid fatty acid composition and exploratory behavior in rats Enslen,M.;Milon,H.;Malnoe,A.
- Yukagaku v.37 Metabolism and function of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids Suzuki,H.;Wada,S.