- Volume 22 Issue 5
To improve the quality of mirin, various molds were screened for mutants with high acid carboxypeptidase (ACPase) by the method of ultraviolet radiation. Mutants, Aspergillus oryzae 9-12 and Aspergillus shiroussamii 6082-60 showed activities of ACPase about 2~6 times higher than their parent strains. Aspergillus oryzae 9-12 and Aspergillus shirosamii 6082-60 were the most suitable strains for preparing koji in mirin by the conventional or improved methods. The results showed that total sugar, reducing sugar and total nitrogen were almost the same values in mirin prepared by both methods. The yield of mirin was higher in the improved method than in the conventional method. The clouding formation of mirin appeared in the conventional method ; however, mirin prepared with the mutant koji by the improved method did not show clouding formation.
- J. Brew. Soc. v.80 Influence of the growth of koji mold on dissolution of rice koji Furukawa,K.;Watanabe,K.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.61 Efficiency of utilization of raw materials in conventional mirin-making Uchida,M.;Oka,S.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.65 Relationship between conditions for steaming rice and productivity in mirin-making Oyashiki,H.;Uchida,M.;Hanai,S.;Obayashi,A.;Oka,S.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.65 Relationship between enzyme efficiency and alcohol concentration in mirin mash Oyashiki,H.;Uchida,H.;Hanai,S.;Obayashi,A.;Oka,S.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.61 Improvement of yield by application of some commercial enzyme preparations in mirin-making Uchida,M.;Oyashiki,H.;Nagahama,G.;Hanai,S.
- J. Ferment. Bioeng v.67 Evaluation of koji prepared with various molds for mirin-making Oyashiki,H.;Uchida,M.;Obayashi,A.;Oka,S.
- J. Brew. Soc. Japan v.77 Quality improvement of mirin (2) Nunokawa,Y.;Shiinoki,S.;Hirotsune,M.
- J. Brew. Soc. Japan v.76 Quality improvement mirin(2). Production of mirin containing large amouts of unfermentable sugars Nunokawa,Y.;Iwano,K.;Akiba,T.
- J. Brew. Soc. v.79 Breeding of koji mold for sake-brewing Gomi,K.;Inoue,H.;Okazaki,N.;Tanaka,T.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.66 Mirin-making at low alcohol concentration with koji prepared with a new mutant of Aspergillus usamii Oyashiki,H.;Uchida,M.;Obayashi,A.;Oka,S.
- J. Ferment. Bioeng. v.67 Mirin-making from koji prepared with a mutant Aspergillus oryzae producing high activity of carboxypetidase Oyashiki,H.;Uchida,M.;Obayashi,A.;Oka,S.
- Seasoning Science v.18 Quantitative estimation of activities of peptidases in koji Nakadai,T.;Nasuno,S.;Iguchi,N.
- Kokuzeicho shotei bunsekiho chukai, (3rd ed.) Murakami,H.
- J. Brew. Soc. Japan v.70 Development of available mutants for koji in sake brewing Hara,S.;Sugama,S.L.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.61 An improved process of mirin-making using supplemental enzyme preparations at a limited concentration of alcohol Uchida,M.;Oyashiki,H.;Nagahama,G.;Hanai,S.
- Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Analytical chemists v.178 AOAC
- Kokuzeicho shoteibunsekiho chukai
- J. Brew. Soc. Japan v.73 Studies on the haze formation during mirin-making, VIII, Materials of the haze formation Yamashita,S.;Doi,S.
- J. Ferment. Assoc. Japan v.22 Protein turbidities of mirin Inoue,H.;Uchida,M.