- Volume 22 Issue 5
Soybean composition, which is different from those of other beans and grains, gives from 35 to 40 percent protein, 15 to 20 percent oil, and 20 to 25 percent sugar. Soybean has been extensively used as the raw material for traditional foods such as bean curd, soy sauce, soy paste and so on, since ancient times in Korea. Ultracentrifugal components of the soybean proteins represent four major peaks with sedimentation constants of about 2, 7, 11 and 15S. The two major reserve protein of soybean, 7S and 11S globulins, have been isolated and characterized by many works. The curd made with microbial enzyme exhibited minuter structure than those of the metal ion-and acid-treatment. Thus, the curd obtained by enzymatic operation serves as a material for further development of food items, and the procedure may by widely applicable in food processing.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.259 The amino acid sequence of the AB subunit of glycinin Stawick,P.E.;Hermodson,M.A.;Niesen,N.C.
J. Biol. Chem.
The complete amino acid sequence of the
$A_3$subunit of the glycinin seed storage protein of the soybean(Glycine max. Merrill) Hirano,H.;Fukuzawa,C.;Harada,K.
- Proteins v.1 Soygeans : chemistry and technology Smith,A.K.;Circle,S.J.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys. v.99 Purification and stability studies of the 11S component of soybean proteins Wolf,W.J.;Babcock,G.E.;Smith,A.K.
- Rept. Natl. Food Res. Int. v.35 Studies on divergence of 11S globulin(glycinin) among soybean varieties Yanagi,S.O.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.29 Difference in subunit composition of glycinin among soybean cultivars Mori,T.;Utsumi,S.;Inaba,H.;Kitamura,K.;Harada,K.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys. v.129 Isolation of alfa, beta and gamma conglycinins Catsimpoolas,N.;Ekenstam,C.
- Plant Physiol. v.56 Isolation and characterization of the multiful 7S globulins of soybean protein Thanh,V.H.;Okubo,K.;Shibasaki,K.
- Biochem. Biophys. Acta. v.490 Beta-conglycinin from soybean proteins Thanh,V.H.;Shibasaki,K.
- J. Sci. Food Agric. v.23 Comparison of acid-induced conformation change between 7S and 11S globulin in soybean seeds Koshiyama,I.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.32 Heatinduced interactions between soybean proteins Utsumi,S.;Damodaran,S.;Kinsella,J.E.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.29 Purification of the 11S component of soybean proteins Mitsuda,H.;Kusano,T.;Hasegawa,K.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.254 Partial characterization of the acidic and basic polypeptides of glycinin Moreira,M.A.;Hermodson,M.A.;Larkins,B.A.;Nielson,N.C.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.38 The purification of soybean 11S globulin with con A-Sepharose 4B and Sepharose 6B Kitamura,K.;Okubo,K.;Shibasaki,K.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.29 Purification of the 7S component of soybean proteins Koshiyama,I.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.36 A newer method for isolation of the 7S globulin in soybean seeds Koshiyama,I.
- Cereal Chem. v.42 Isolation and characterization of the 7S component of soybean globulins Roberts,R.C.;Briggs,D.R.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.40 Subunit structure of soybean 11S globulin Kitamura,K.;Takagi,T.;Shibasaki,K.
- Cereal Chem. v.45 Chemical and physical properties of a 7S protein in soybean globulins Koshiyama,I.
- Biochemistry v.32 Isolation of the 11S component of soybean protein and determination of its amino acid composition Shvarts,A.D.;Vaintraub,I.A.
- Cereal Chem. v.44 Purification and structural studies of the 11S component of soybean proteins Catsimpoolas,N.;Rogers,D.A.;Circle,S.J.;Meyer,E.W.
- Cereal Chem. v.46 A note on the proposal of an immunochemical system of reference and nomenclature for the major soybean globulins Catsimpoolas,N.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys v.130 Isolation of a glycopeptide from a 7S protein in soybean globulins Koshiyama,I.
- J. Am. Dietetic Assoc. v.25 The composition of Chinese foods Harris,R.S.;Wang,F.K.E.;Wu,Y.H.;Tsao,C.S.;Loe,L.Y.S.
- J. Food Sci. v.40 Changes in basic groups of soybean proteins by high temperature heating Saio,K.;Terashima,M.;Watanabe,T.
- J. Food Sci. v.49 Effect of heat and ionic strength upon dissociation-association of soybean protein functions Iwabuchi,S.;Yamauchi,F.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.33 Structure-function relationships in food proteins : subunit interactions in heat-induced gelation of 7S, 11S and soy isolate proteins Utsumi,S.;Kinsella,J.E.
- J. Food Sci. v.39 Growth of lactic acid bacteria in soymilks Miial,B.K.;Steincraus,K.H.
- J. Food Sci. v.43 Comparison of cold-, acid- and salt-precipitated soy protein Bau,H.M.;Poullain,B.;Beaufrand,M.J.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.31 Effect of calcium and phosphorus on solubility characteristics of soybean meal protein Sajo,K.;Koyama,E.;Watanabe,T.
- J. Food Sci. v.47 Gelation mechanism of soybean 11S globulin Mori,T.;Nakayama,T.;Utsumi,S.
- J. Food Sci. v.35 Applying proteolytic enzymes on soybean Arai,S.;Noguchi,M.;Kurosawa,S.;Kato,H.;Fujimaki,M.
- Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaish v.15 Manufacturing of a cheese-like product from soybean milk Matsuoka,H.;Sasago,K.;Sekiguchi,M.
- J. Food Sci. v.49 Preparation of fermented soybean curd using stem bromelain Fuke,Y.;Matsuoka,H.
- J. Food Sci. v.50 Nature of stem bromelain treatments on the aggregation and gelation of soybean proteins Fuke,Y.;Sekiguchi,M.;Matsuoka,H.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.32 Improvement of water absorption of soybean protein by treatment with bromelain Mohri,M.;Matsushita,S.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.49 Production and properties of a soymilk-clotting enzyme system from a microorganism Park,Y.M.;Kusakabe,J.;Kobayashi,H.;Murakami,K.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.51 Purification and characerization of soymilk-clotting enzymes from Bacillus sp. K-295G-7 Park,Y.W.;Kobayashi,H.;Kusakabe,I.;Murakami,K.
- Doctoral Program in Agricultural Sciences University of Tsukuba Studies on the soymilk-clotting enzymes of Bacillus sp. K.-295G-7 Park,Y.W.