- Volume 15 Issue 3
A capacity expansion planning problem with buy-or-lease decisions is considered. Demands for capacity are deterministic and are given period-dependently at each period. Capacity additions occur by buying or leasing a capacity, and leased capacity at any period is reconverted to original source after a fixed length of periods, say, lease period. All cost functions (buying, leasing and idle costs) are assumed to be concave. And shortages of capacity and disposals are not considered. The properties of an optimal solution are characterized. This is then used in a tree search algorithm for the optimal solution and other two algorithms for a near-optimal solution are added. And these algorithms are illustrated with numerical examples.
- Management Science v.20 no.1 Capacity Expanison and Specialization Kalotay, A.J.
- Management Science v.21 no.3 A Dynamic Approach to Capacity Expansion with Specialization Erlenkotter, D.
- Management Science v.22 no.3 Capacity Expansion with Two Producing Regions and Concave Costs Fong, C.O.;Rao, M.R.
- Operations Research v.36 no.1 A Dynamic Programming Solution to the Dynamic, Multi-item Single-machine Scheduling Problem Gascon, A.;Leachman, R.C.
- Operations Research v.40 no.4 A Multiperiod Capacity Planning Model for Backbone Computer Communication Networks Dutta, A.;Lim, J.I.
- A Dinamic Lot-Size Model with Make-or-Buy Decisions, in Topics in Dynamic Lot-Sizing Lee, S.B.
- International Journal of Systems Science v.17 no.7 A Single-Product Parallel-Facilities Production-Planning Model Sung, C.S.
- Management Science v.36 no.11 Subcontracting, Coordination, Flexibility, and Production Smoothing in Aggregate Planning Kamien, M.I.;Li, L.
- Management Science v.24 no.16 An Algorithm for The Dynamic Lot-Size Problem with Time-Varying Production Capacity Constraints Baker, K.R.;Dixon, P.;Magazine, M.J.;Silver, E.A.
- Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery v.24 no.2 The Power of Dominance Relations in Branch-and-Bound Algorithms Ibaraki, T.
- Management Science v.32 no.9 Optimal Capacity Expansion Planning when There Are Learning Effects Hiller, R.S.;Shapiro, J.F.
- Management Science no.7 Minimum Concave Cost Flows in Certain Networks Zangwill, W.I.