- Volume 16 Issue 1
In this paper, we present an architecture of the constant false alarm rate (CFAR) detector called the generalized order statistics (GOS) CFAR detector, which covers various order statistics (OS) and cell-averaging (CA) CFAR detectors as special cases. For the proposed GOS CFAR detector, we obtain unified formulas for the false alarm and detection probabilities. By properly choosing coefficients of the GOS CFAR detector, one can utilize any combination of ordered samples to estimate the background noise level. Thus, if we use a reference window of size N, we can realize
- RCA review v.29 no.3 Adaptive detection mode with threshold control as a function of spatially sampled clutter level estimates Finn, H.M.;Johnson, R.S.
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems v.AES-13 no.4 Adaptive Detection Algorithms for Multiple Target Situations Richard, J.T.;Dillard, G.M.
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems v.AES-19 no.4 Radar CFAR Thresholding in Clutter and Multiple Target Situations Rohling, H.
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems v.AES-24 no.4 Analysis of CFAR Processors in Nonhomogeneous Background Gandhi, P.P.;Kassam, S.A.
- Order Statistics David, H.A.
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems v.AES-24 no.4 OS CFAR Theory for Multiple Targets and Nonuniform Clutter Blake, S.
- IEE Proc. v.133 no.2 Cellaveraging CFAR for multiple target situations Barboy, B.;Lomes, A.;Perkalski, E.
- IEE Proc. v.136 no.5 CFAR detection for multiple target situations Barkat, M.;Himonas, S.D.;Varshney, P.K.