- Volume 23 Issue 1
The survey on feeding practice in 202 infants in Kwangju area was undertaken from April to May, 1993. The incidence of breast feeding was 35.6% of the interviewed mothers while 35.1% of infants were formula fed. Baby's sex, birth order, birth weight and mother's educational level did not affect the infant's feeding method of the respondents , but family's monthly income affect it significantly(p<0.05). Initiating time f weaning in infants was 4.83 month. Fruits and fruit juice, infant's most favorite food were the first food introduced to infants. Cereal's were offered frequently as infant foods while animal protein source and vegetables were lesser used 52.8% of mothers purchased commercially prepared infant food , while 33.2% of them did not use it at all. Depending on mother's educational level, mother got information on weaning with the aid of different education materials. The respondents were most interested in the way how to prepare weaning food. It might be suggested that development of effective nutrition education technique specific to the different groups of mothers should be focused.
- Nutrition in infancy and childhood Pipes,P.L.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.24 Current status and future trends in infants feeding Purvis,G.A.
- Nutrition-principles, issues and applications Williams,E.R.;Caliendo,M.A.
- Nutrition in Pregnancy and lactation Lactation and human milk Worthington,R.B.S.
- J. Pediatr. v.98 Cow milk feeding in infancy : Gastrointestinal blood loss and iron nutritional status Fomon,S.J.;Ziegler,E.E.;Nelson,S.E.;Edwards,B.B.
- Am. J. Clin. Nutr. v.46 Reflections on infant feeding in the 1970s and 1980s Fomon,S.J.
- 한국영양학회지 v.1 농촌지방 이유실태조사 이현금;독고영창;황우경
- 대한가정학회지 v.15 한국 중도시 유아의 이유 실태에 관한 연구 안숙자
- 한국영양학회지 v.24 우리나라에서 영아의 수유 및 이유 보충식 급식현황과 개선방향 송요숙
- 서울대학교 대학원 석사학위논문 우리나라 여성의 영아 영양법에 관한 실태 조사 연구 황계순
- 한국식문화학회지 v.7 서울 및 경기지역 유아의 수유 및 이유에 관한 실태조사 손경희;윤선;이영미;민성희;전주혜
- 한국영양학회지 v.24 속초시 영유아의 이유실태조사 이정실;김을상
- Pediatrics v.76 1984 milk feeding patterns in the United States Martinez,G.A.;Kreiger,E.W.
- Pediatrics v.64 The recent trend in breast-feeding Martinez,G.A.;Nalezienski,J.P.
- Clin Pediatr. v.17 A mother's guide to breast feeding and mothering the premature or hospitalized sick infant Silver,S.
- Breast feeding in practice. A manual for health workers Helsing,E.;King,F.S.
- Pediatrics v.62 Breast feeding American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics v.65 Human milk banking American Academy of Pediatrics, Committe on Nutrition
- Acta Paediatr. Scand. no.Sup.1 Food consumption and growth of normal infants fed milk-based formulas Fomon,S.J.
- 한국영양학회지 v.3 한국 영유아기에 있어서의 이유양상과 영양 상태에 관한 연구 윤종준;김인달