- Volume 23 Issue 3
Effect of Garlic (allium sativum) on Glutathione S-Transfer Activity and the Level of Glutathione in the Mouse Liver
마늘이 생쥐간에서 Glutathione S-transferase 활성과 Glutathione 생성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, So-Hee (Dept. of Food and Nutrition , Dong Ju Women's Junior College) ;
- Park, Kun-Young (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition , Pusan National University) ;
- Suh, Meong-Ja (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition , Pusan National Universit) ;
- Chung, Hae-Young (Dept. of Pharmacy , Pusan National University)
- Published : 1994.06.01
The effect of garlic on glutathione S-transferase activity and the level of glutathione in the mouse liver was studied. the intraperitoneal injection of the methanol extract of garlic and ally sulfide which is one of possible active compounds in garlic to ICR mouse before the injection of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) increased the levels of glutathione and nonprotein-SH in microsomal fraction of the livers. The injection of the chloroform fraction 2 which revealed the highest antimutgenic activity in our previous research in the increase of the activity of glutathione S-transferase and the levels of glutathione and nonprotein -SH. The glutathione itself also had the antimutagenic effect on AFB1 and N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG) in Salmonella typhimurium TA98 and TA100 in vitro.
- Ind. J. Nutr. Dietat. v.13 Effect of raw and boiled garlic on blood cholesterol in butter fat lipaemia Sharma,K.K.;Sharma,A.L.;Dwived,K.K.;Sharma,P.K.
- J. Am. Chem. Soc. v.66 Allicin, the antibacterial principle of Allium sativum. I. Isolation, physical properties and antibacterial action Cavallito,C.J.;Bailey,J.H.
- J. Am. Chem. Soc. v.67 The antibacterial principle of Allium sativum. II. It's precusor and essential oil of garlic Cavallito,C.J.;Bailey,J.H.;Buck,J.S.
- Antimicro. Ag. Chemother Evaluation of the in vitro antifungal activity of allicin Yamada,Y.;Azuma,K.
- Cancer Res. v.18 Tumor inhibition by a sulfhydryl-blocking agent related to an active principle of garlic (Allium sativum) Weisberger,A.S.;Pensky,I.
- Cancer Res. v.20 The effect of allicin from garlic on tumor growth Dipaolo,J.A.;Carruthers,C.
- Jap. J. Hyg. v.27 Effect of fresh garlic extract on tumor growth Nakata,T.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.23 A study on the cytotoxic activity of garlic (Allium sativum) extract aganist cancer cells Son,H.S.;Hwang,W.I.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.23 Inhibition effects of garlic on the mutagenicity in Sallmonella assay system and on the growth of HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells Park,K.Y.;Kim,S.H.;Suh,M.J.;Chung,H.Y.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.20 Antimutagenic compounds identified from the chloroform fraction of garlic (Allium sativum) Kim,S.H.;Kim,J.O.;Lee,S.H.;Park,K.Y.;Chung,H.Y.
- JNCI v.68 Glutathione S-transferase activity : Enhancement by compounds inhibiting carcinogenesis and by dietary constituents Spamins,V.L.;Venegas,P.L.;Wattenberg,L.W.
- Mutat. Res. v.113 Revised methods for the Salmonella mutagenicity test Maron,D.M.;Ames,B.N.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.21 Antimutagenic compounds identified from perilla leaf Lee,K.L.;Rhee,S.H.;Park,K.Y.;Kim,J.O.
- Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. v.20 Diet and aflatoxin B₁toxicity in rats Rogers,A.E.;Newberne,P.M.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.249 Glutathione S-transferase Habig,W.H.;Pabst,M.J.;Jakoby,W.B.
- Anal. Biochem. v.25 Estimation of total protein bound and non protein bound sulfhydryl groups in tissue with Ellmans reagent Sedlak,J.;Lindsay,R.H.
- Proteins, Nucleic acid and Enzyme v.33 Critical review on the determination of glutathione in biological preparations Higashi,T.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.193 Protein measurement with the folinphenol reagent Lowry,O.H.;Losebrough,N.J.;Farr,A.L.;Randall,R.J.
- Principles and procedures of statistic Steel,R.G.H.;Torrie,J.H.
- Adv. Cancer Res. v.29 The role of glutathione and glutathione S-transferases in the metabolism of chemical carcinogens and other electrophilic agents Chasseaud,L.F.
- Adv. Enzymol. v.46 The glutathione S-transferases : A group of multifunctional detoxification proteins Jakoby,W.B.
- Cancer Letters v.9 Inhibition of microsome-mediated binding of aflatoxin B₁to DNA by glutathione S-transferase Lotlikar,P.D.;Insetta,S.M.;Lyons,P.R.;Jhee,E.C.
- Chem. Biol. Interact. v.22 The major metabolite of aflatoxin B₁in the rat is a glutathione conjugate Degen,G.H.;Neumann,H.G.
- Autoxidation in food and biological systems Intracellular mechanisms for lipid peroxide decomposition O'Brien,P.J.;Simic,M.G.(ed.)