- Volume 24 Issue 3
Effects of Phospholipid Extract from Squid Viscera on Lipid Oxidation of Fish Oil
- Hong, Jeong-Hwa (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Inje University) ;
- Jeong, Yong-Sil (Dept. of Nutrition and Food Science, National Fisheries University of Pusan) ;
- Kim, In-Soo (Dept. of Food Science, Kyung Sang University) ;
- Byun, Dae-Seok (Dept. of Nutrition and Food Science, National Fisheries University of Pusan)
- Published : 1995.06.01
Phospholipid(PL), phosphatidylcholine(PC) and phosphatidylcholine free PL(PCF) were extracted from squid viscera and the antioxidant effects of each fraction on the oxidation of refined fish oil were evaluated. Polyunsaturated fatty acid contents were the highest in PC(46.7%) followed by PL(44.8%) and PCF(40.9%). The effects of each phospholipid fraction on stabilizing fish oil were compared by incubating at 40
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc. (ed.) Functions of polyunsaturated fatty acids.: biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Lands,W.E.;Hemler,M.E.;Crawford,C.G.
- Prog. Lipid. Res. v.25 Effect of eicosepentaenoic acid on eicosanoid formation by stimulated human polymorphonuclear leukocytes Terano,T.;Hirai,A.;Tamura,Y.;Yoshida,S.;Salmon,J.;Moncada,S.
- Prog. Food Nutr. Sci. v.12 Biochemical and cellular effects of fish and oil. Singh,G.;Chandra,P.K.
- Nutr. Res. v.13 Role of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Fernandes,G.;Venkatramen,J.T.
- J. Korean. Soc. Food. Nutr. v.22 Effect of flavonoid(+)-catechin as stabilizer in rat fed fresh and peroxidized fish oil. Kwon,M.N.;Choi,J.S.;Byun,D.S.
- J. Food Sci. v.55 Effects of naturally occuring antioxidants on peroxidase activity of vegetable extracts. Hameda,H.M.;Klein,B.P.
- JAOCS. v.68 The role of amino acids in the autoxidation of milk fat Chen,Z.Y.;Nawar,W.W.
- JAOCS. v.68 Prooxidative and antioxidative effects of phospholipid on milk fat. Chen,Z.Y.;Nawar,W.W.
- JAOCS v.69 Antioxidant properties of individual phospholipids in a salmon oil model system King,M.F.;Boyd,L.C.;Shelden,B.W.
- Bull, Jpn. Soc. Sci. Fish. v.46 Screening test for antioxygenic compounds from marine algae and fractionation from Eisenia cicyclis and Undaria pinnatifida Fujimoto,K.;Kaneda,T.
- Fishers Association of Korea Fisheries statistics.
- Bull. Korean. Fish. Soc. v.27 Antioxidant activity of different lipid extracts from squid vicera. Jeong,Y.S.;Hong,J.H.;Byun,D.S.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.226 A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues Floch,J.;Lees,M.;Stanley,G.H.S.
- Official Methods of Analysis(14th ed.) Sidney,W.
- Anal. Chem. v.177 The rapid preparation of fatty esters for gas chromatographic analysis. Meteafe,L.D.;Schmitz,A.A.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.24 Antioxidant activity of different lipid extracts from mackerel viscera. Jeong,Y.S.;Hong,J.H.;Byun,D.S.
- JAOCS v.61 Phospholipids plus tocopherols increase soybean oil stability Hildebrand,D.H.;Terao,J.;Kito,M.
- J. Food Sci. v.28 Role of individual phospholipids as oxidants. Oloctt,H.S.;Van der,V.
- Lipids. v.5 Phospholipid oxidation in emulations Coliss,G.A.;Dugan,L.R.
- Br. J. Nutr. v.22 Effects of dietary fat on the amuounts and proportions of the individuals lipids in turky muscle. Neudoerffer,T.S.;Lea,C.H.
- J. Sci. Food Agri. v.30 Lipid and autoxidative changes in cold stored compound. Hardy,R.;McGill,A.S.;Gunstone,F.D.
- Food Techn. v.7 Lipid oxidation in seafood. Khayat,A.;Schwall,D.
- J. Food Sci. v.46 Effect of phospholipid hydrolysis on lipid oxidation in flounder muscle microsomes. Shewfelt,R.L.;MacDonald,R.E.;Hultin,H.O.
- JAOCS. v.68 The antioxidant effects of phospholipids on perilla oil. Kashima,M.;Cha,G.S.;Isoda,Y.;Hirano,J.;Miyazawa,T.
- JAOCS v.69 Effects of phospholipids on lipid oxidation of a salmon oil model system. King,M.F.;Boyd,L.C.;Sheldon,B.W.
- Bull. Jpn. Soc. Sci. Fish. v.50 Acceleration of lipid oxidation in the extract from the skin of fish. Yamaguchi,K.;Toyomizy,M.
- Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi. v.38 A study of antioxidative substance(s) in squid mantle muscle. Komatsu,I.;Yasuda,T.;Fukunaga,T.;Suzuki,S.;Takama,K.