- Volume 24 Issue 3
Volatile compounds in raw oyster and oyster hydrolysate produced with protease were compared by vacuum simultaneous steam distillation-solvent extraction/gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Sixty-two volatile compounds were detected in both samples. Of these, 57 were positively identified, composed mainly of aldehydes(12), ketones(9), alcohols(14), nitrogen-containing compounds(9), acids(6), terpenes(4), and miscellneous compounds(8). Levels of acids decreased after hydrolysis, whereas several other compounds such as aldehydes, ketones, and nitrogen containing compounds increased. Pyrazines, found in high abundance, were only detected in oyster hydrolysate.
- New Food Industry v.25 Extraction and utilization of oyster extract Nakamura,S
- Book of Abstracts, 1995 IFT Annual Meeting at Anaheim Volatile flavor components in oyster hydrolysate produced with protease. Cha,Y.J.;Baek,H.H.;Cadwallader,K.R.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.24 Response surface methodology in processing of oyster hydrolysate Cha,Y.J.;Kim,E.J.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.42 Aroma extract dilution analysis of blue crab meat volatiles Chung,H.Y.;Cadwallader,K.R.
- J. Sci. Food Agri. v.58 Volatile components in flavor concentrates from crayfish waste. Cha,Y.J.;Baek,H.H.;Hsieh,T.C.Y.
- J. Food Sci. v.56 Analysis of volatile flavor components in steamed rangia clam by dynamic headspace sampling and simultaneous distillation and extraction Tanchotilkul,U.;Hsieh,T.C.Y.
- J. Food Sci. v.58 Volatile flavor components in snow crab cooker effluent and effuent concentrate Cha,Y.J.;Cadwallader,K.R.;Baek,H.H.
- J. Chromatogr. v.11 A generaloization of the retention index system including linear temperature programmed gas liquid partition chromatograrature programmerd gas liquid partition chromatography. Van den Doo,H.;Kratz,P.D.
- Wiley/NBS Database(PBM format) Hewlett-Packard Co
- Anal. Chem. v.42 Computer evaluation of graphic effluents. Hites,R.A.;Biemann,K.
- J. Food Sci. v.53 Volatile flavor components from boiled crayfish(Procambarus clarkii) tail meat. Vejaphan,W.;Hsieh,T.C.Y.;Williams,S.S.
- Food Reviews International. v.6 Novel model experiment for cooking flavor research on crab leg meat. Hayashi,T.;Ishii,H.;Shinihara,A.
- Thermal Generation of Aromas Reaction flavors of meat. Bailey,M.E.;Einig,R.G.;Parliment,T.H.;McGorrin,R.J;Ho,C.T.(eds.)
- Flavor Chemistry :Trends and Development Role of oxidation in the formation and stability of fish flavors. Karahadian,C.;Lindsay,R.C.;Teranishi,R.;Buttery,R.G.;Shahidi,F.(eds.)
- Themal Generation of Aromas Contribution of lipids to the formation of hetrocyclic compounds in model systems. Ho,C.T.;Bruechert,L.J.;Zhang,Y.;Chiu,E.M.;Parliment,T.H.;McGorrin,R.J.;Ho,C.T.(eds.)
- J. Agric. Food. Chem. v.32 Variations in the occurences of enzymically-derived volatile aroma compounds in salt-and freshwater fish. losephason,D.B.;Lindsay,R.C.;Stuiber,D.A.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.46 Basic and neutral compounds in cooked odor from Antarctic krill Kubota,K.;Kobayashi,A.;Yamanishi,T.
- J .Food Sci. v.50 Volatile compounds characterizing the aroma of fresh Atlantic and Pacific oysters. Josephson,D.B.;Lindsay.R.C.;Stuiber,D.A.
- Flavor Chemistry and Technology Off-flvors in foods. Heath,H.B;Reineccius,G.(eds.)
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.24 Effect of time,temperature,and rectant ratio on pyrazine formation in model systems. Shibamoto,T.;Bernhard,R.A.
- A review. J. Agric. Food Chem. v.21 Pyrazines in foods. Maga,J.A.;Sizer,C.E.
- Food Flavours. Part A. Introduction Sulphur compounds in flavors. Shankaranarayna,M.L.;Raghavan,B.;Abraham,K.O.;Naterajan,C.P.;Morton,I.D.;Macleod,A.J.