- Volume 24 Issue 3
Antimutagenic Effects of Juices from the Peppers in Salmonella Assay System
- Park, Kun-Young (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition Pusan National University) ;
- Kweon, Young-Mi (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition Pusan National University) ;
- Rhee, Sook-Hee (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition Pusan National University)
- Published : 1995.06.01
The antimutagenic effects of juices from green pepper(GP), red pepper leaf(RPL), red pepper(RP) and sweet pepper(SP) were examined by the Ames method using Salmonella typhimurium TA100. The juice supernatants of GP, RPL and RP showed antimutagenic activities against afltoxin B1(AFB1) in Salmonella typhimurium TA 100. The juice supermatants of GP and RPL also exhibited the inhibitory effects(p<0.05) to the mutagenicities induced by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine(MNNG) and 4-nitro-quinoline-1-oxide(4-NQO). The juice of RP showed antimutagenic activities against indirect mutagen of AFB1, however, the activity was reduced at higher concentration(5.0%), furthermore, as the adding concentration of sample increased to 5.0%, it exhibited slight comutagenicith on direct mutagen of MNNG. Theantimutagenic activities of GP and RPL juices were reduced significantly after heating at 100℃ for 20min, supposing that the antimutagenic compound(s) in the juices were heat labile.
- J. Natl. Cancer. Inst. v.66 The causes of cancer. Doll,R.;Pert,R.
- Cancer. v.49 Mutagens,carcinogens and tumor promotors in our daily food. Sigmura,T.
- Mutat. Res. v.202 Dietary inhibitors of mutagenesis and carcinogenesis. Hayatsu,H.;Arimoto,S.;Negishi,T.
- Science. v.221 Dietary carcinogens and anticarcinogens: Oxygen radical's and degenerative disease. Ames,B.N.
- Korean. J. Pharm. v.21 Assay of antimutagenic activities of vegetable plants. Seo,J.S.;Lee,Y.W.;Suh,W.J.;Chang,I.M.
- Korean. J. Food. Sci. Technol. v.24 Inhibitory effect of radish juice on the mutagency and its characteristics Kim,S.J.;Jin,J.S.;Kim,D.M.;Kim,K.H.
- General introduction Rationale for the nutritionallprevention of cancer. in Nutritional and cancer prevention Micozzi,M.S.;Tangrea,J.A.;Moon,T.E.;Micozzi,M.S.(eds.)
- Mutat. Res. v.53 Antimutagenic action on vegetable factor(s)on the mutagenic principle of tryptophan pyrolysate. Kada,T.;Morita,K.;Inoue,T.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.42 Studies on natural desmutagens: Screening for vegetable and fruit factors active in inactive on mutagenic pyrolysis products from amino acids. Morita,K.;Hara,M.;Kada,T.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.45 Purification and properties of plant desmutagenic factor for the mutagenic principle of tryptophan pyrolysate. Inoue,T.;Morita,K.;Kada,T.
- J. Food. Safety. v.4 Purification and properties of desmutagenic. factor from baroccoli for mutagenic principle to tryptophan pyrolysate. Morita,K.;Yamada,H.;Iwamoto,S.;Sotomura,M.;Suzuki,A.
- Mutata. Res. v.129 A desmutagenic factor isolated from burdock (Arctium lappa Linne.) Morita,K.;Kada,T.;Namiki,M.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.49 Chemical nature of a desmutagenic factor from burdock (Arctium lappa Linne.) Morita,K.;Nishijima,Y.;Kada,T.
- Environ. Mutagens Caricinogens. v.8 Effect of L-ascorbic acid on the mutagenic city of allatoxin B₁in Salmonella assay system. Park,K.Y.;Kwon,M.H.;Baik,H.S.;Cheigh,H.S.
- A Review. Cancer Res. v.39 Ascorbic acid and cancer Cameron,E.;Pauling,L.;Leibovitz,B.
- Nature v.290 Can dietary β-carotene materially reduced human cancer rates. Peto,R.;Doll,R.;Buckley,J.D.;Spron,M.B.
- Nutrition Rev. v.40 Is dietary β-carotene an anticancer agents? Wolf,G.
- Ph. D. Thesis, Pusan National University Studies on the antimutagenic and anticancer activities of kale and their mechanisms. Lee,S.M.
- J. Food. Sci. v.43 Voltaile components and pungency in fresh and processed Jalapeno peppers. Huffman,V.L.;Schadle,E.R.;Villalon,B.;Burns,E.F.
- J. Food. Sci. v.44 Color evaluation of selected capscium. Nagle,B.J.;Burns,E.E.
- Mutat. Res. v.113 Revised method for the Salmonella mutagenicity test. Maron,D.M.;Ames,B.N.
- Factors modulation mutagenicity in microbial test. Shot-term test systems for detecting carcinogens Matusushima,T.;Sungimura,T.;Nagao,M.;Yahagi,T.;Shirai,A.;Sawamura,M.;Norpoth,K.H.;Garner,R.C.(eds.)
- Mutat. Res. v.31 Methods for detecting carcinogens and mutagens with the Salmonella mammlian-microsome mutagenicity test. Ames,B.N.;McCann,J.;Yamasaki,E.
- Principles and procedures of statistics Steel,R.G.D.;Torrie,J.H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food. Nutr. v.21 Inhibitory effects of green-yellow vegetable on the mutagencity in Salmonella assay system and on the growth of AZ-521 human gastric caner cells. Park,K.Y.;Lee,K.I.;Rhes,S.H.
- J. Korean. Soc. Food. Nutr. v.21 Antimutagenic effect of green-yellow vegetables toward aflatoxin B₁and 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide. Lee,K.I.;Park,K.Y.;Rhes,S.H.
- Agric. Biol .Chem. v.52 Antimutagencity of dialyzates of vegetables and fruits Shinohara,K.;Kuroki,S.;Miwa,M.;Kong,Z.L.;Hosada,H.
- J. Korean. Soc. Food Nutr. v.20 Inhibitory effect of aflatoxin B₁mediated mutagenicity by red pepper powder in Samonella assay system Kim,S.H.;Park,K.Y;Suh,M.J.
- MS Thesis. Pusan National University Inhibitory effects of various peppers and red pepper leaf on the mutagencity induced by mutagens and on the growth of growth of HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells. Kweon,Y.M.