- Volume 24 Issue 3
GC-MS Analysis of Diterpene Quinone Constituents of Salviae Miltiorrhizae Radix and Biological Activity
- Park, Hee-Juhn (Dept. of Botanical Resources, Sangi University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Bae (Dept. of Dairy Food Science, Sangji University) ;
- Lee, Eun (Dept. of Dairy Food Science, Sangji University) ;
- Cha, Bae-Chun (Dept. of Animal Nutritional Resources, Sangji University) ;
- Park, Moo-Young (Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, Sangji University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Mok (Central Research Institute, Il-Yang Pharm. Co., Yongin) ;
- Chung, Won -Tae (Central Research Institute, Il-Yang Pharm. Co., Yongin)
- Published : 1995.06.01
The ether extract of Salviae miltiorrhizae Radix(SMR) was fractioned to give five subfractions, so that two subfractions of them were recrystallized to yield each pure diterpene quinone pigment. On the basis of spectral evidence, these two compounds were identified as tanshinone II and crytotanshinone. Cryptotanshinone exhibited both of a potent platelet anti-aggregating activity in vitro and a potent antimicrobial activity. GC-MS analysis of the other extract showed that tanshinone II was contained in the largest proportion of all the diterpene quinones. In addition, GC-MS analysis gave other valuable analytical informations.
- Chinese drugs of plant origin. Tang,W.;Eisenbrand,G.
- Planta Med. v.55 A new platelet aggregation inhitor from Salvia miltiormhiza. Wang,N.;Luo,H.W.;Niwa,M.;Ji,J
- Chem. Pharm. Bull. v.37 Effect of magnesium lithospermate B on urinary excretion of arachidonate metabolites in rats with renal failure. Chung,H.Y.;Yokozawa,T.;Lee,T.W.;Oura,H.;Tanaka,T.;Nonaka,G.;Nishioka,I.
- Thesis,Pusan National Univiersity Studies on the antixidative mechnisms and active sites of magnesium lithospermate B. M.S. Paik,K.J.
- J. Nat. Prod. v.50 Isolation of bioactivity of new tashinones Lee,A.R.;Wu,W.L.;Chang,W.L.;Lin,H.C.;King,M.L.
- J. Nat. Prod. v.51 Diterpenoids from the roots of Salvia hypargeia. Ulubelen,A.;Evren,N.;Tuzlaci,E.;Johansson,C.
- Planta. Med. v.15 Salvianolic acid A, a new deposide from roots of Salvia miltiorhiza Li,L.;Tan,R.;Chen,W.
- Chem. Pharm. Bull. v.31 New platelet aggregation inhibitiors from Tanshen: Radix of Salvia miltiorhiza Bunge. Onitsuka,M.;Fufiu,M.;Shinmka,N.;Maruyama,H.B.
- Planta Med. v.58 An application of HPLC for identification of abietane-type pigment form Salvia miltiorrhiza and their effects on post-hypoxic cardiac contractile foerce in rats. Okamuara,N.;Sato,M.;Yagi,A.;Tanonaka,K.;Tkeo,S.