- Volume 39 Issue 8
Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds in Water by Modified Injection Mode for Purge & Trap-GC/MS Method
Purge & Trap-GC/MS 분석법의 주입방식 개선에 의한 물 중의 휘발성 유기물 분석
- Jeon, Chi Wan (Korea Institute of Geology, Mining and Materials) ;
- Lee, Sang Hak (Department of Chemistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Eum, Chul Hun (Korea Institute of Geology, Mining and Materials)
- Published : 19950800
Improved sample introduction system has been investigated for the determination of volatile organic compounds in water using a purge & trap preconcentration apparatus and a capillary gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. The present limitations associated with the moisture control module and cryorefocusing system suggested by EPA were discussed. To solve the problems such as improper separation of peaks due to the adsorption of water and contamination of purge & trap system, a more efficient connection system between the purge & trap apparatus and the gas chromatograph was introduced and the optimum operational conditions were suggested. A carbopack B/carboxen 1000 and 1001 trap was used for the purge & trap procedure and a custom made crosslinked dimethyldiphenylpolysiloxane capillary column was used for the separation of compounds. Accuracy and precision of the method suggested in this report were examined and the method detection limit of each compound was proposed for the simultaneous determination of 54 volatile organic compounds in water.
- Anal. Chem. v.62 Trehy, M. L.;Gledhill, W. E.;Orth, R. G.
- Environ. Sci. Technol. v.27 Voice, T. C.;Kolb, B.
- Anal. Letters v.20 no.3 David, J.;Mary, E.;Liu, S. L.
- Anal. Chem. v.64 Borgerding, A. J.;Hites, R. A.
- J. Chromatogr. v.403 Marcomini, A.;Capri, S.;Giger, W.
- Vom Wasser v.75 Schullerer, S.;Brauch, H. J.;Frimmel, F. H.
- J. Chromatogr. v.513 Chartles, D.;Herts.
- Anal Chem. v.48 Kaiser, K. L. E.;Oliver, B. G.
- J. Chromatogr. v.139 Fujii, T.
- Anal. Chem. v.61 Castles, M. A.;Moores, B. L.;Ward, S. R.
- Bull. Enviton. Cnmtam. Toxicol. v.14 Nicholson, A. A.;Meress, O.
- Anal. Chem. v.63 Di Corcia, A.;Marchetti, M.;Samperi, R.;Marcomini, A.