- Volume 28 Issue 3
Rheological Properties of Biopolymer Produced by Alkali-Tolerant Bacillus sp.
알카리 내성 Bacillus sp.가 생산하는 생물 고분자의 리올로지적 성질
- Lee, Shin-Young (Division of Environmental and Biological Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Young (R & D center, Kim Jeong Moon Aloe Co., Ltd.,Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University) ;
- Shim, Chang-Sub (R & D center, Kim Jeong Moon Aloe Co., Ltd.,Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University)
- 이신영 (강원대학교 환경.생물공학부) ;
- 김진영 ((주) 김정문 알로에 연구소,연세대학교 생물산업소재연구센터) ;
- 심창섭 ((주) 김정문 알로에 연구소,연세대학교 생물산업소재연구센터)
- Published : 1996.06.30
A highly viscous biopolymer from alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. was purified and its rheological properties were studied. 1% (w/v) solution of purified biopolymer showed pseudoplastic fluid behavior with the yield stress similar to those of xanthan and guar gum, and its consistency index was exponentially dependent on concentration and temperature. The concentration dependency of consistency index exhibited two rectilinear plots with different slopes at 1% concentration and pseudoplastic property increased with the increase of biopolymer concentration. The biopolymer solution exhibited a low temperature dependency and the activation energy of flow was 1.16 kacl/g mol. The apparent viscosity was very dependent on the change of pH and the addition of salt. However, no organic solvent effects were observed effects of viscosity synergism with the addition of viscosifier were not observed.