- Volume 20 Issue 6
Numerical calculation was applied to supersonic under-expanded jets, and compared with the results of a linear theory and other experiments. TVD difference scheme was employed to solve 2-dimensional and axisymmetric inviscid Euler equation. This paper aims to explore the effects of angle of divergence and design Mach number of nozzle on the structure of under-expanded jets. The angle of divergence was varied from 0 to 20 deg. The results show that the length of the first cell of the under-expanded jets decreases and Mach disk generates at lower nozzle pressure ratio, if the angle of divergence or design Mach number of nozzle increases. The distance from the nozzle exit to Mach disk in 2-dimensional jets becomes much larger than that of axisymmetric jets, and the widths of the jet boundary and the barrel shock wave are also larger than that of axisymmetric jets. Calculation results indicate that the configuration of the under-expanded jets is strongly dependent on the nozzle pressure ratio.
압축성흐름;바렐 충격파;마하디스크;충격파;초음속노즐;초음속 제트;부족팽창 제트
- Powder Metallurgy v.35 no.3 Powder Metallurgy in Europe 1992 Lindskog, P
- Rarefied Gas Dynamics v.2 pp.84-105 The Structure and Utilization of Supersonic Free Jets in Low Density WindTunnels Sherman, F.S.
- NASA TM-9464 Upwind and Symmetric Shock capturing Schemes Yee, H.C.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.136 no.1 pp.65-73 A Nozzle Generation Low Jet Noise Meier, G.E.A;Selerowicz, W.C;Szumowski, A.P
- Journal of Fluid Mech. v.153 pp.123-149 A Multiple-Scales Model of the Shok Cell Structure of Imperfectly Expanded Supersonic Jets Tam, C.K.W.;Jacson, J.A.;Seiner, J.M.
- 物理數學 高僑健人
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.116 pp.265-302 Stochastic Model Theory of Broadband Shock Associated Noise from Supersonic Jets Tam, C.K.W.
- Trans. ASME, Journal Engineering for Industry v.112 A Study of Air-Jet Texturing Nozzles:The Effects of Nozzle Configuration on the Air Flow Demir, A
- AIAA Journal v.1 no.4 pp.918-919 Location of the Normal Shock Wave in the Exhaust Plume of a Jet Eastman, D.W;Radtke, L.P
- NASA TR R-6 Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Axisymmetric Free Jets Love, E.S.;Grigsby, C.E.;Lee, L.p.;Woodling, M.S.
- Journal Aerospace Science v.26 pp.16-24 On the Structure of Jets from Highly Underexpanded Nozzles into Still Air Admason, T.C.Jr;nicholls, J.A
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.38 no.1 pp.51-79 Supersonic Jet Noise Generated by Large Scale Disturbances Tam, C.K.W
- 大韓機械學會 論文集 v.20 no.2 pp.679-709 가스 미립화용 초음속 노즐로부터 방출되는 분류에 의한 실험적 연구 金義東;李鐘洙
- 日本機械學會論文集, B編 v.60 no.578 斷器 超音 速流 關 硏究 연 岩本勝治
- AIAA Journal, Technical Notes v.4 no.6 pp.1102-1104 Hypersonic Self-Similarity of Barrel Shock in Source-Type Free Jets Yasuhara, M.
- JSME International Journal, Series B v.36 no.2 pp.238-244 Effects of Nozzle Contour on the Aerodynamic Characteristics of Underexpanded Annular Impinging Jets Masuda, W;Nakamura, K
- Fundamentals of Gas Dynamics Owczarek, J.A
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.106 no.1 pp.119-143 The Role of Screech Tones in Mixing of an Underexpanded Rectangular Jet Krothapalli, A.;Hsia, Y.;Baganoff, D;Karamcheti, K