- Volume 20 Issue 5
The pressure loss coefficient of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids such as water, aqueous solutions of Carbopol-934 and Separan AP-273 and blood in the stenotic tubes are determined experimentally and numerically. The numerical analyses for flows of non-Newtonian fluids in the stenotic tubes are conducted by the finite element method. The effect of the contraction ratio and the ratio of length to diameter on the pressure drop are investigated by the experiments and numerical analysis. The pressure loss coefficients are significantly dependent upon the Reynolds number in the laminar flow regime. As Reynolds number increases, the pressure loss coefficients of both Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids decrease in the laminar flow regime. As the ratio of length to diameter increases the maximum pressure loss coefficient increases in the laminar flow regime for both Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids. Newtonian fuid shows the highest values of pressure loss coefficient and blood the next, followed by Carbopol solution and Separan solution in order. Experimental results are used to verify the numerical analyses for flows of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids. Numerical results for the maximum pressure loss coefficient in the stenotic tubes are in fairly good agreement with the experimental results. The relative differences between the numerical and experimental results of the pressure loss coefficients in the laminar flow regime range from 0.5% to 14.8%.
협착관;비뉴턴 유체;수정멱법칙 모델;유한요소법;압력손실계수
- Trans. JSME. v.52 no.481 pp.3252-3257 Loss Coefficients for Flows through a sudden Expansion and a Sudden Contraction Closely Placed Iguchi, M;Ohmi, M.
- Pressure Drop for a modified Power Law Fluid Flow in a Rectangular Duct Park. S. S.
- Handbook of Heat Transfer Applications pp.(2-1)-(2-50) Cho. Y. I.;Hartnett, J. P.
- 공기조화·냉동공학회논문집 v.4 no.5 pp.343-350 비뉴턴 유체의 협착관내 유동특성에 관한 연구 박상언;윤재복;유상신
- A Study of Pulsatile Flows with Non-Newtonian Viscosity of Blood in Large Arteries Banerjee, R. K.
- SIAM Rev. v.19 Quasi-Newton Method, Motivation and Theory Dennis, J.;More, J.
- Flows of Non-Newtonian Fluids in the Stenosed and Bifurcation Tubes Yoo, S. S.
- Biorheology v.28 pp.241-262 Effects of Non-Newtonian Viscosity of Blood on Flows in a Diseased Arterial Vessel:Part 1, Steady Flows Cho, Y. I.;Kensy, K. R.
- A study on the Heat Transfer Augmentation of the Viscoelastic Fluids in Circular Tube Flows Eum, C. S.
- Dynamics of Polymeric Liquids Bird, R. B.;Armstrong, R. C.;Hassager, O.
- 협착관 및 외부압에 의한 압출관내의 유동특성에 관한 연구 양인균
- Internal fluid Flow pp.372-396 Ward-Smith, A. J.
- A Study on the Characteristic Time and Viscosity of Viscoelastic Fluids Using the Ball and Needle Jeon, C. Y.
- ASME J. Biomechanical Eng. v.101 pp.157-175 Fluid Mechanics of Atrial Stenosis Young, D. F.
- 공기조화·냉동공학회논문집 v.6 no.3 pp.227-236 수정멱법칙 비뉴턴 유체의 협착관내 유동장해석 서상호;유상신;장남일
- J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. v.37 pp.175-199 Separation and Reattachment of Non-Newtonian Fluid Flows in a Sudden Expansion Pipe Park, B.;Cho, Y. I.;Choi, S. U. S.
- The 3rd JSME-KSME Fluids Engineering Conference pp.171-176 Flow Phenomena of Non-Newtonian Fluids in the Stenotic Tubes Suh, S. H.;Park, S. E.;Yoo, s. s.