- Volume 20 Issue 2
In this paper, a new kinematic structure of a parallel manipulator with six Cartesian degrees of freedom is proposed. It consists of a platform which is connected to a fixed base by means of 3-PPSP(parameters P, S denote the prismatic, spherical joints) subchains. Each subchain has a link which is concected to a passive prismatic joint at the one end and a passive spherical joint at the other. The spherical joint is then attached to perpendicularly arranged prismatic actuators which are fixed at the base. The spherical joint is then attached to perpendicularly arranged prismatic actuators which are fixed at the base. This arrangement provides a basis to control all six Cartesian degrees of motion of the platform in space. Due to its efficient architecture, the colsed-form solutions of the inverse and forward kinematics can be obtained. As a consequence, this new kinematic structure can be servo controlled using simple inverse kinematics becaese forward kinematics allows for measuring the platform's position and orientation in Cartesian space. Furthermore, the proposed structure provides an effective functional workspace. Series of simulations are performed to verify the results of the kinematics analyses.
Parallel Manipulator;Forward Kinematics;Inverse Kinematics;Closed-Form Solution
- The International Journal of Robotics Reserach v.11 no.2 Direct Kinematics and Assembly Modes of Parallel Manipulators Merlet, J. P.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.2 A Closed-Form Solution of the Forward Displacement A-nalysis of a Class of In-Parallel Mechanisms Lee, H. Y.;Roth, B.
- IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation v.4 no.5 Kinematic Analysis for a Six-Degree-of-Freedom 3-PRPS Parallel Mechanism Behi, F.
- Robot Manipulators : Mathematics, Programming and Control Paul, P.
- ICAR v.1 On the Workspace of a 6 D. O. F. Platform with Three Articulated Double-Parallelograms Sorli, M.;Ceccarelli, M.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.1 Optimum Design of Manipulators under Dynamic Isotropy Conditions Ma, O.;Angeles, J.
- Bulletion of Mechanical Engineering Lab no.58 Design and kinematic Optimization of Parallel Manipulator Stoughton, R.;Arai, T.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.2 Kinematic Analysis of a Novel 6-DOF Parallel manipulator Cleary, K.;Brooks, T.
- Journal of Robotic Systems v.10 no.5 Exact Methods for Determining the Kinematics of a Stewart Platform using Additional Displacement Sensors Check, K. C.;Overholt, J. L.;Beck, R. R.
- Robotics and Computer-integrated manufacturing v.9 no.6 Neural Network Solution for the Forward Kinematics Problem of a Stewart Platform GENG, Z.;HAYNES, L. S.
- Proceedings of the 21th Biennial Mechanisms Conference : Mechanism Synthesis and Analysis v.DE-25 Forward Displacement Analysis of Parallel mechanisms. Closed Form Solution of PRR-3S, PRR-3S Structures Parenti-Castelli, V.;Innocenti, C.
- Journal of Robotic Systems v.10 no.3 Method for Kinematic Calibration of Stewart Platf-orms Zhuang, H.;Roth, Z. S.
- Journal of Mach., Transmi-ssions and Automation in design v.110 Manipulator Configurations Based on Rotary-Linear (R-L) Actuators and Their Direct and Inverse Kinematics Kohli, D.;Lee, S. H.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.1 Closed-Form Resolution of the Direct Kinematics of Parallel Manipulators using Extra Sensors Data Merlet, J. P.
- Journal of Robotic Systems v.10 no.5 Synthesis and Analysis of a New Class of Six-Degree-of-Freedom Parallel Minimanipulators Tsai, L. W.;Tahmasebi, F.
- Journal of Robotic Systems v.6 no.6 A Forward Displacement Analysis of a Class of Stew-art Platforms Griffis, M;Duffy, J.
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation v.6 no.4 Direct Kinematic Solution of a Stewa-rt Platform Nanua, P.;Waldron, K. J.;Murphy, V.
- Mechanism and Machine Theory v.29 no.1 A Forward and Reverse Displacement Analysis of a In-Parallel manipulator Alizade, R. I.;Tagiyev, N. R.
- Journal of Mechanical Design v.115 The Stewart Platform of General Geometry has 40 Configurations Raghavan, M.
- Trans. ASME. J. MECH., Transmis., Automa. in DEs. v.105 Structural Kinematics of In-Parallel-Actuated Robot-Arms Hunt, K. H.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.2 Analysis of a Fully-Parallel Six-Degree-of-Freedom Micromanipulator Check, J.;Tesar, D.
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems v.7 Solution to the Forward Instantaneous Kinematic for a General 6-DOF Stewart Platform Shi, X.;Fenton, R. G.
- Mechanism and Machine Theory v.25 no.6 Direct Position Analysis of the Stewa-rt Platform Mechanism Innocenti, C.;Parenti-Castelli, V.
- IEEE/RSJ International Workshop on Intelligent Robot and Systems IROS'91 Optimal Sensor Placement for Forward Kinematics Evaluation of a 6-DOF Parallel Link Manipulator Stoughton, R.;Arai, T.
- in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation v.6 Neural Network for the Forward Kinematics Problem in Parallel Manipulator Yee, C. S.;Lim, K. B.
- IEEE Trans. on Indust. Electronics v.40 no.2 Kinematic Analysis of a Stewart Platform Manipulator Fitzgerald, J. M.;Lewis, F. L.