- Volume 20 Issue 2
Superplastic punch forming of sheets is simulated by a finite element method to obtain the optimal punch speed and the related deformed shapes. The punch forming has an advantage of guaranteeing the desired accuracy inside a product and controlling the thichness of a deformed sheet more accurately than blow forming. The finit element code developed is associated with the contact algorithm and the control algorithm of punch speed for the optimum forming. The simulation demonstrates that the variation of the thichness in a blank sheet affects the punch speed and the final distribution of the thichness in a product. The analysis proposes that a ring-typed thichness controller is very effective in controlling the thichness of a deformed sheet appropriately.
Superplastic Material;Punch Forming;Optimal Punch Speed Control Method;Thickness Control Ring
- Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng. v.26 Analysis of Superplastic metal Forming by a Finite Element Method Chandra, N.
- Numiform '89 Simulation of the Superplastic Forming of Thin Sheet Components Using the Finite Element Method Bonet, J.;Wargadipura, A. H. S.;Wood, R. D.
- J. Eng. Indust. v.109 Analysis of Axisymmertric Sheet Forming Processes by Rigid-Viscoplastic Finite Element Method Park, J. J.;Oh, S. I.;Altan, T.
- J. Mech. Work. Tech. v.14 A Mechanical Study of Superplastic Forming of Ti-6Al-4V Sheet Kuperfarb, G.;Bermain, Y.;Abouaf, M.
- Int. J. Solids Structure v.14 Flow of Solids During Forming and Extrusion : Some Aspects of Numerical Solutions Zienkiewicz, O. C.;Jain, P. C.;Onate, E.
- Int. J. Mech. Sci. v.21 A New Formulation for the Bulging of Viscous Sheet Metal Brandon, J. F.;Lecoanet, H.;Oytana, C.
- Int. J. Mech. Sci. v.12 Superplastic Metal Forming Al-Naib, T. Y. M.;Suncan, J. L.
- Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg. v.45 A Primer on Superplasticity in Natural Formulation Argyris, J. H.;Doltsinis, J. S. L.
- Proc. NUMIFORM '92 Superplastic Sheet Forming Analysis by the Finite Element Method with Directional Reduced Integration Huh, H.;Han, S. S.
- J. Mater. Process. Technol. v.49 no.3 Experimental Verification of Superplastic Sheet-Metal Forming Analysis by the Finite Element Method Huh, H.;Han, S. S.;Lee, J. S.;Hong, S. S.
- Numiform '89 Numerical Modeling of Thin Sheet Superplastic Forming Bellet, M.;Chenet, J. L.
- v.5 Finite Elements. Special Problems in Solid Mechanics Oden, J. T.;Carey, G.T.
- Int. J. Mech. Sci. v.29 no.8 Numerical Analysis of Superplastic Bulging for Cavity-Sensitive Materials Zhou, D. J.;Lian, J.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.15 no.5 초소성 박판성형공정의 유한요소 압력제어 해석 허 훈;한수식;양동렬;이종수
- Metal. Trans. A v.10A Mechanical Behavior and Hardening Characteristics of a Superplastic Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Chosh, A. K.;Hamilton, C. H.
- Comm. in Appl. Num. Methods v.5 A Pressure Cycle Control Algorithm for Superplastic Forming Bonet, J.;Wargadipura, A. H.;Wood, R. D.