- Volume 20 Issue 2
To investigate the effect of stress wave propagation for crack tip, impact responses of two-dimensional plates with oblique cracks are investigated by a numerical method. In the numerical analysis, the finite element method is used in space domain discretization and the Newmark constant acceleration algorithm is used in time integration. According to the numerical results from the impact response analysis. it is found that the stress fields are bisected at the crack surface and the parts of stress intensity are moved along the crack face. The crack tip stress fields are yaried rapidly. The magnitude of crack tip stress fields are converted to dynamic stress intensity factor. Dynamic sress intensity factor appears when the stress wave has reached at the crack tip and the aspect of change of dynamic stress intensity factor is shown to be the same as the part of the flow of stress intensity.
Stress Wave;Impact Resistance;Crack Tip Stress Field;Stress Intensity;Dynamic Stress Intensity Factor
- 古體の力學/理論 ファン(著);Y. C.
- 衝擊工學 田中吉之助 林 卓夫
- Symposium on Advanced Boundary Element Methods Coupling of Finite Elements and Boundary Elements for Transmission Problems of Elastic Waves Costabel, M.;Stephan, E. P.
- J. Eng. Mech. v.85 no.EM3 A Method of Computation for Structural Dynamics Newmark, N. M.
- Int. J. Num. Mech. Engineering v.17 Dynamic Stress Concentration Studies by Boundary Integrals and Laplace Transform Manolis, G. D.;Beskos, D. E.
- Engineering Fracture Mechanics : Numerical Methods and Applications Owen, D. R. J.;Fawkes, A. J.
- Ph. D. Thesis A Finite Element Method for Large Domain Problems Givoli, D.
- Numerical Integration of the Equation of Motion Clough, R. W.
- Finite Element Methods in Mechanics Kikuchi, N.
- Fracture Mechanics-Fundamentals and Applications Anderson, T. L.
- An Introduction to the Finite Element Methods Reddy, J. N.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.18 no.12 유한요소법에 의한 2차원 응력파 전파 해석에 관한 연구 황갑운;조규종
- Stress Waves in Solids Kolsky, H.
- A First Course in the Finite Element Method Bickford, W. B.
- An Int. J. of Computers & Structures The Temporal Finite Element method in Structural Dynamics Pitarresi, J. M.;Manolis, G. D.
- v.19-5 Engineering Fracture Mechanics Aoki, S.;Kishimoto, K.;Sakata, M.
- Int. J. Num. Mech. Engineering v.19 A Comparative Study on Three Boundary Element Method Approaches to Problems in Elastodynamics Manolis, G. D.
- Applied Mathematics Modeling v.6 Formulation of the Boundary Element Method for Transient Problems Governed by the Scalar Wave Equation Mansur, W. J.;Brebbia, C. A.
- Shock Vib. Dig. v.11 no.1 Finite Element Modeling of Structural Vibration : A Review of Recent Advances Reddy, J. N.
- AIAA J. v.22 Time Finite Element Discretization of Hamilton's Law of Varying Action Riff, R.;Brauch, M.
- Int. J. of Numerical Methods Eng. v.24 Transient Analysis of Three-Dimensional Wave Propagation Using Boundary Element Method Dohner, J. L.;Shoureshi, R.;Bernhard, R. J.