- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design, Fabrication and tTsting of a Microswitch Using Snap-through Buckling Phenomenon
스냅스루 좌굴을 이용한 미소스위치의 설계, 제작 및 실험
- Go, Jeung-Sang (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Cho, Young-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Kwak, Byung-Man (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Kwan-Hum
- Published : 1996.02.01
A snapping-beam microswitch has been designed, fabricated and tested. From a design analysis, necessary and sufficient conditions for a snap-through switching fouction have been derived for a clamped shallow beam. The necessary condition has resulted in a geometric relation, in which the ratio of beam thickness to initial beam deflection plays a key role in the snapping ability. The sufficient condition for the snapping action has been obtained as a function of the inertia force due to applied acceleration, and the electrostatic force, adjustable by an inter-electrode voltage. For experimental investigations, a set of microbeams of silicon dioxide/
Micromachining;Microswitch;Snapthrough Buckling;Acceleration Switch;Micromaterials;Blister Test
- An Introduction to the Elastic Stability of Structures Simitese, G. J.
- Theory of Plates and Shells Timoshemko, S. P.
- Proc. MRS The In-Situ Measurement of Biaxial Modulus and Residual Stress of Multi-Layer Ploymeric Thin Films Lin, P.;Senturia, S. D.
- Proc. IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Workshop Self-Adjusting Micro-Structures Judy, M. W.;Cho, Y.-H.;Howe, R. T.;Pisano, A. P.
- 대한기계학회지 v.33 no.6 미소기전집적 시스템에서의 미소 기계공학 조영호
- Stress-Related Effects in Thin Films Thornton, J. A.
- 기계기술 v.20 no.12 마이크로머시닝 기술과 마이크로머신 조영호