- Volume 20 Issue 2
An investigation was conducted to study the statistical nature of tensile strength and static fracture toughness of carbon fiber reinforced plastics(CFRP) materials. A good understanding of statistical aspects of strength data is essential for the successful application of such materials because these composites unpossess material uniformity as compared with conventional metallic materials. In this paper, a statistical approach based on Weibull distribution was applied to the test data to evaluate the dispersion in the tensile strength and static fracture toughness by the change of stacking method and test temparature of the CFRP materials.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic;CFRP;Weibull Distribution;Fracture Toughness;Tensile Strength;Statistical Nature
- J. Soc. Mat. Sci. v.42 Reliability Evaluation of Advanced materials Maekawa, Z.;Tanimoto, T.;Okabe, N.
- J. Soc. Mat. Sci. v.42 no.478 Statistical Property of Material Strength Nishijima, S.;Sakai, T.;Tokaji, k.
- J. Mech. Phys. Solids v.7 On the Strength of Classical Fibers and Fibre Bundles Coleman, B. D.
- Moon C. K.
- ASTM STP 775 Damage in Composite Materials Reifsnider, K. L.
- Int. J. Fract. v.17 Probability Distributions for the Strength of Composites Materials Harlow, D. G.;Phoenix, S. L.
- 機械の硏究 v.40 no.10 材料强度の統計的性質 前川 善一郞
- JSME v.50 no.454 Fracture Toughness and Acoustic Emission of Carbon-Cloth/Epoxy Composites Kageyama, K.;Nonake S.;Shimamura S.;Fukuda S.
- J. Soc. Mat. Sci. v.23 no.254 Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics Amijima, S.;Tanimoto, T.
- ASTM STP 734 Statistical Analysis of Fibrous Composites Strength Data Tenn, L. F.
- ASME J. Applied Mech. v.18 A Statistical Distribution Function of Wide Applicability Weibull, W.