- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Crack Tip Constraint on the Fracture Resistance Curve in CT Specimen with Same Thickness
동일두께의 CT 시편에서 구속효과가 파괴저항곡선에 미치는 영향
- Published : 1996.02.01
Fracture resistance(J-R) curves, which are used for elastic-plastic fracture mechanics analyses, are known to be dependent on the specimen geometry. The objective of this paper is to investigate the effect of crack tip constraint an the J-R curves in CT specimens. Fracture toughness tests on CT specimens with varying planform size were performed and test results showed that the J-R curves were increased with an increase in the planform size. Finite element analysis were also performed and the numerical results showed that this experimental phenomenon was probably due to the relaxation of crack tip constraint resulting from the stress triaxiality.
Leak Before Break;Constraint Effect;Stress Triaxiality Ration;Fracture Toughness;Finite Element Method
- PVP v.250 The Relationship Between Crack Tip Constraint and Nonsingular Fields Crane, D. L.;Anderson, T. L.
- The Assessment of Cracked Components by Fracture Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering Publication Rationalization of size Effects in Fracture Toughness Tests Using Local Criteria for Fracture Mudry, F.
- NUREG-1061 v.3 Evaluation of Potential for Pipe Break U. S. NRC Piping Review Commission
- Int. Journal of Fracture v.17 Requirements for a One Parameter Charaterization of Crack Tip Fields by the HRR Singularity Shih, C. F.;German, M. D.
- Int. Journal of Fracture v.48 A Framework to Correlate a/W Ratio Effects on Elastic-Plastic Fracture Toughness Anderson, T. L.;Dodds, R. H.
- Int. Conference of Shallow Crack Fracture Mechanics, Toughness and Applications A Framework for Prediction Constraint Effects in Shallow Notched Specimens Anderson, T. L.;Dodds, R. H.
- Int. Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids v.16 Singular behavior at the End of a Tensile Crack Tip in a Hardening Material Hutchinson, J. W.
- Int. Journal of Applied Mechanics v.58 Two Parameter Characterization of Elastic-Plastic Crack-Tip Fields Betegon, C.;Hancock, J. W.
- Int. Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids v.16 Plane Strain Deformation near a Crack Tip in a Power-Law Hardening Material Rice, J. R.;Rosengren, G. F.
- Int. Journal of Applied Mechanics v.24 On the Stress Distribution at the Base of Stationary Crack Williams, M. L.
- Int. Journal of Fracture v.19 Inherent Stress Biaxiality in Various Fracture Speciment Geometries Leevers, P. S.;Radon, J. C.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.18 no.5 영광원자력 배관소재의 재료물성치 평가(1) 석창성;최용식;김영진;장윤석;김종욱
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.19 no.6 영광원자력 배관소재의 재로물성치 평가(2) 김영진;석창성;김종욱;장윤석
- ASTM STP 668 On Criteria for J-Dominance of Crack Tip Fields in Large Scale Yielding McMeeking, R. M.;Rarks, D. M.
- Int. Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids v.40 no.5 Family of Crack-Tip Fields Characterized by a Triaxility Parameter O'Dowd, N. P.;Shih, C. F.