- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Automatic Mesh Generation by Delaunay Triangulation and Its Application to Remeshing
Delaunay 삼각화기법을 이용한 유한요소망의 자동생성과 격자재구성에의 응용
- Jeong, Hyeon-Seok ;
- Kim, Yong-Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Published : 1996.02.01
An algorithm for automatic mesh generation of two-dimensional arbitrary planar domain is proposed by using Delaunay triangulation algorithm. An efficient algorithm is proposed for the construction of Delaunay triangulation algorithm over convex planar domain. From the definition of boundary, boundary nodes are first defined and then interior nodes are generated ensuring the Delaunay property. These interior nodes and the boundary nodes are then linked up together to produce a valid triangular mesh for any finite element analysis. Through the various example, it is found that high-quality triangular element meshes are obtained by Delaunay algorithm, showing the robustness of the current method. The proposed mesh generation scheme has been extended to automatic remeshing, which is applicable to FE analysis including large deformation and large distortion of elements.
Finite Element Method;Mesh Generation;Delaunay Trangulation;Remeshing
- Sparse Matrices and Their Applications Several Strategies for Reducing the Bandwidth of Matrices Cuthill, E. H.
- 축대칭 단조에 대한 강-점소성 유한요소해석 이종대
- Computer Journal v.24 Computing N-Dimensional Delaunay Tessellation with Application to Voronoi Polytypes Watson, D. F.
- SIAM Numer. Anal. v.13 On the Angle Condition in the Finite Element Method abuska, I.;Aziz, A. K.
- Engineering with Computer v.5 Automatic Mesh Generation for Complex Three-Dimensional Regions using a Constrained Delaunay Triangulation Baker, T. J.
- Advances in Computational Methods in Structural Mechanics and Design Automatic Mesh Generation for Finite Element Analysis Fukuda, J.;Suhara, J.
- Proc. 24th Nat. Conf. Assoc. Comput. Mach. Reducing the Bandwidth of Sparse Symmetric Matrices Cuthill, E. H.;McKee, J. M.
- Int. J. Numer. Mech. Eng. v.36 Lagrangian Finite Element Analysis of Time-Dependent Viscous Free-Surface Flow Using an Automatic Remeshing Technique Muttin, F.;Coupez, T.;Bellet, M.;Chenot, J. L.
- Comput. Struct. v.29 A Two-Dimensional Mesh Generation for Variables Order Triangular and Rectangular Elements Liu, Y.;Chen, K.
- 한국항공우주학회지 v.22 no.4 정렬 배후면격자계를 이용한 Delaunay 삼각화 하대성;김종태;맹주성
- Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. v.12 Modification to the Suhara-Fukuda Method of Network Generation Shaw, R. D.;Pitchen, R. G.
- 대한기계학회추계학술대회 논문집 사각형 유한요소의 자동생성 기법에 관하여 신보성;채수원;박삼진
- Computational Plasticity : Fundamentals and Applications Large Deformations and Automatic Remeshing Coupez. T.;Chenot, J. L.;D. R. J. Owen(ed.);E. Onate(ed.);E. Hinton(ed.)
- Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. v.8 Automatic Triangulation of Arbitrary Planar Domain for the Finite Element method Cavendish, J. C.
- 한국정밀공학회지 v.11 사각형 유한요소해석 모델의 자동생성 프로그램의 개발 전만수
- FEMのための要素自動分割 谷口健男
- Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. v.28 Delaunay Triangulation of Non-Convex Planar Domains Lo, S. H.
- Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. v.26 Geometry-Based Fully Automatic Mesh Generation and the Delaunay Triangulation Schroeder, W. J.;Shepard, M. S.
- Computer Journal v.21 Locally Equiangular Triangulation Sibson, R.
- 금속의 정밀주조 공정설계를 위한 공정해석 윤석일