- Volume 29 Issue 2
Amrinone is a non-glycosidic, non-adrenergic positive inotropic agent with peripheral and coronary vasodilator effect. It inhibits phosphodiesterase F-III, the cardiac cyclic-AMP specific phosphodiesterase, selectively and potently. In this study, the effects of IV administered amrinone and dopamine were compared in 40 patients who had open heart surgery. Amrinone was administered as a bolus of 1 5~2mglkg for several minutes, followed by continuous infusion at 5~1 Oug/kg/min. The hemodynamic measurements including heart rate, systolic and diastolic pressure, cardiac index, pulmonary wedge pressure, and systemic vascular resistance were recorded immediately for 12~24 hours awl 7th day following operation. In amrinone group, cardiac index increased from 3.73
- Circulation v.59 Amrinone : A new non-glycosidic, non-adrenergic cardiotonic agent effective in the treatment of intractable myocardial failure in man LeJentel,T.H.;Keung,E.;Sonnenblick,E.(et al.)
- Chest v.94 Combination of high dose amrinone and dopamine in the management of cardiogenic shock after open heart surgery Oslen,K.H.;Kluger,J.;Fieldmann,A.
- N Engl J Med v.314 New positive inotropic agents in the treatment of congestive heart failure Colucci,W.S.;Wright,R.F.;Braunwald,E.
- Am J Physiol v.245 Calcium-induced release of calcium from the cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum Fabiato,A.
- Am Heart J v.107 c-AMP and phosphorylation in regulating of Ca++ influx into myocardial cell and blockade Ca antagonist drug Sperelaskis,N.
- Circ Res v.51 Stimulation of Ca++ binding and ATPase activity of dog cardiac myofibrils by AR-L 115BS, a novel cardiotonic agent (abstr) Solaro,R.J.;Ruegg,J.C.
- N Engl J Med v.291 Dopamine-clinical use of endogenous catecholamine Goldberg,L.I.
- Ann Thorac Surg v.52 Harmful effects of inotropic agents on myocardial protection Komai,H.;Yamamoto,F.;Tanaka,K.
- Fed Proc v.37 Cardiotonic activity of amrinone (WIN 40680) Aloasi,A.;Farah,A.E.;Lesher,G.Y.(et al.)
- Textbook of medical physiology(8th ed.) Contraction and excitation of smooth muscle Guyton,A.C.
- Cardiovasc Res v.14 Effects of amrinone on experimental acute myocardial ischemia injury (abstr) Rude,R.E.;Kloner,K.A.;Macoko,P.R.(et al.)
- Circulation v.60 no.SUP.Ⅱ The beneficial effects of amrinone on myocardial oxygen consumption during acute left ventricular failure Jentzer,J.H.;LeJemtel,T.H.;Kirk,E.S.(et al.)
- Am J Cardiol v.64 no.18 Comparision of Doppler indices of LV diastolic function with simultaneous high left atrial and ventricular pressure in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy David,D.;Lang,R.H.;Neumann,A.(et al.)
- Prog-Cardiovasc Nurse v.5 no.3 Management of heart failure in cardiac surgical patients : Amrinone and other pharmacological agents LeDoux,D.
- Acta Anaesthesiol Scand v.34 no.6 Amrinone in perioperative low cardiac output syndrome Fita,G.;Gormar,C.;Jimenez,M.J.(et al.)
- Euro J Anaesthesiol no.SUP.5 Perioperative experience with Amrinone (reniew) Levy,G.;Bailey,J.M.
- Am J Med v.72 Relative contribution of inotropic and vasodilator effects to amrinone induced hemodynamic improvement in congestive heart failure Konstam,M.A.;Cohen,S.R.;Weiland,D.S.(et al.)
- Chest v.99 Effect of amrinone on cardiac index, venous oxygen saturation and venous admixture in patients recovering from cardiac surgery Prielipp,R.C.;Butterworth,J.F.;Zaloga,G.P.(et al.)
- Am J Med v.56 Clinical safety of intravenous amrinone-review Treadyway,G.
- AHFS Drug information Amrinone lactate Mcevoy,G.K.
- South-Med J v.82 no.10 Pulmonary embolism : improvement in hemodynamic function with amrinone therapy (abstr) Spencer,T.H.;Newton,W.D.