- Volume 29 Issue 2
This study was undertaken to determine the effects of fish oil supplementation with low dose on the lipid content and fatty acid composition of breast milk. Among 18 lactating women who were exclusively breast-fed their babies, 6 were in control group and 12 were in fish lil groups. The subjects in fish oil groups were supplemented with 1.96g/d or 3.92g/d of fish oil for 2 weeks from 10 to 12 weeks of postpartum. All subjects consumed their usual diet at home. Breast milk samples were collected at the final day of experiment. By fish oil supplementation, the concentrations of triglyceride, cholesterol, free fatty acid and phospholipid as well as total lipid in breast milk tended to increase, but not significant. There was no dose-dependent response. The fatty acid composition of breast milk was not changed by fish oil supplementation. These results suggest that low dose of fish oil supplementation may increase of lipid content, but does not affect on the fatty acid composition of breast milk.
- J Clin Invest v.73 Dietary omega-3 fatty acid deficiency and visual loss in infant rhesus monkeys Neuringer,M.;Connor,W.E.;Patten,C.V.;Barstad,L.
- Science v.182 Membrane fatty acids associated with the electrical response in visual excitation Benolken,R.N.;Anderson,R.E.;Wheeler,T.G.
- Science v.188 Visual membrane : Specificity of fatty acids precursors for the electrical response to illumination Wheeler,T.G.;Benolken,R.M.;Anderson,R.E.;Wheeler,T.G.
- J Nutr v.106 A possible essential role for dietary linolenic acid in the development of the young rat Lamptey,M.S.;Walker,B.L.
- J Lipid Res v.28 Effect of dietary alpha-linolenate/linoleate balance on brain lipid compositions and learning ability of rats Yamamoto,N.;Satoh,M.;Morinchi,A.;Nomura,M.;Okuyama,H.
- 한국영양식량학회지 v.11 인유 및 우유의 지방산 조성에 관하여 윤태현;임경자;김을상;정우갑
- 한국영양식량학회지 v.14 no.1 수유기간의 경과에 따른 인유 트리글리세리드의 지방산 조성, 아실 탄소수 및 종의 변화 윤태현;임경자
- 한국영양학회지 v.24 수유기간에 따른 모유의 성분 함량 변화와 수유부의 섭식태도 및 영아의 성장 발육에 관한 생태학적 연구. II. 모유의 지질 함량에 관한 연구 최문희;문수재;안홍석
- 한국영양학회지 v.27 모유와 유아용 조제분유의 지질 및 지방산 조성 임현숙;허영란
- Am J Clin Nutr v.40 Will dietary w-3 fatty acids change the composition of human milk? Harris,W.S.;Connor,W.E.;Lindsey,S.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.17 Human milk lipids. II. The influence of dietary carbohydrates and fat on the fatty acids of mature milk. A study in four ethnic groups Read,W.W.C.;Lutz,P.G.;Tashijian,A.
- 한국영양학회지 v.25 no.2 한국인 수유부에 어유의 보충급여 효과에 관한 연구 - I. 수유부의 지방산 섭취, 혈장 지질 농도 및 혈장과 적혈구 인지질의 지방산 조성에 미친 영향 - 임현숙;이정아
- J Biol Chem v.226 A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues Folch,J.Lees,M.;Sloanestanley,G.H.
- SAS를 이용한 통계자료 분석 송문섭;이영조;조신섭;김병천
- SAS 회귀분석 허명희
- J Trop Pediatr v.4 Studies on lactation in poor Indian communities Gopalan,C.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.31 The volume and composition of human milk in poorly nourished communities ; a review Jelliffe,D.B.;Jelliffe,E.F.P.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.32 Uniformity of human milk Hall,B.
- J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr v.11 Variations in macronutrients in human bank milk : Influencing factors and implications for human milk banking Michaelsen,K.F.;Skafte,L.;Badsberg,J.H.;Jorgensen,M.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.23 Protein, lipid and fatty acids of human milk from Pakistani women during prolonged periods of lactation Underwood,B.A.;Heoner,R.;Abdullah,H.