- Volume 12 Issue 4
The pull -out test has been used to investigate the friction properties between soil and grid type geosynthetics which is useful to measure the passive bearing resistance as well as the skin friction. In this paper, the friction properties between geogrid and a weathered granite soil are investigated by performing various pull-out tests. From the test results, a rational pull out test equipment and test method is suggested by evaluating the effects of major factors (such as geogrid width, location of soil box facing, vertical loads and pulll -out displacement rate, etc.) on pull -out test results.
- M. sc. Thesis, University of Alberta Geogrid pullout tests in clay Costalonga,M.A.R.
- Geotechnique v.40 no.3 Reinforcement bond capacity Jewell,R.A.
- Geotextiles and Geomembranes v.12 Evaluation of interfacial frictional resistance Srinvasa Murthy,B.R.;Sridharan,A.;Bindumadhava
- Proceedings of the Symposium on Earth Reinforcement Friction in reinforced earth Schlosser,F.;Elias,V.
- Geotech. Test J. ASTM v.5 Some observation on the laboratory measurement of soil-geotextile bond Ingold,T.S.
- Ind. Geotech. J. v.18 Evaluation of geotextile-soil friction Rao,G.V.;Pandey,S.K.
- Ground Engineering v.17 A Laboratory investigation of soil-geotextile friction Ingold,T.S.
- Geotechnique v.39 Scale and other factors affecting the results of pull-out tests of grids buried in sand Palmeira,E.M.;Milligan,G.W.E.
- Ind. Geotech. J. v.18 Effect of soil paramenters on friction coefficient between soil and reinforcement Sridharan,A.;Singh,V.
- Proceedings of the Symposium on Earth Reinforcement Study of the soil reinforcment friction coefficient Bacot,J.;Iltis,M.;Lareal,P.;Paumier,T.;Sanglerat,G.
- Geotechnique v.38 Discussion on direct shear tests on reinforced soil by Jewell & Wroth(1987) Palmeira,E.M.
- Geotextiles and Geomembranes v.12 Hyperbolic expression for soil-geosynthetic or geosynthetic-geosynthetic interface shear strength Giroud,J.P.;Darrasse,J.;Bachus,R.C.
- Ind. Geotech. J. v.16 An experimental study on mild steel as soil reinforcement Sridharan,A.;Singh,V.
- Proc. of Symposium on Polymer Grid Reinforcement in Civil Engineering Interaction between soil and geogrids Jewell,R.A.;Milligan,G.W.E.;Sarsby,R.W.;Dubois,D.
- 44th Canadian Geotechnical conference Pull-out resistance of geosynthetics Fannin,R.J.;Raju,D.M.
- Proceedings of the Indian Geotechnical Conference Friction coefficient in reinforced earth Sridharan,A.;Singh,V.
- Proc. of Symp. on Geotextiles for Soil Improvement, ASCE, Geotechnical Special Publication v.18 Pull-out response of geotextiles and geogrids Juran,I.;Knochenmus,G.;Acar,Y.B.;Arman,A.
- Ph. D. Thesis, Cambridge University Some effects of reinforcement on the mechanical behaviour of soil Jewell,R.A.
- Ind. Geotech. J. v.18 Evaluation of soil-reinforcement friction Kate,J.M.;Rao,G.V.;Tyagi,S.K.
- Research Report, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Utah State University Pull-out resistance of welded wire mesh embeded in soil Peterson,L.M.;Anderson,L.R.