- Volume 3 Issue 3
On Flexible Bayesian Test Criteria for Nested Point Null Hypotheses of Multiple Regression Coefficients
- Jae-Hyun Kim (Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Statistics, Seokyeong University, Seoul 136-704, Korea) ;
- Hea-Jung Kim (Professor, Department of Statistics, Dongguk University, Seoul 100-715, Korea)
- Published : 1996.12.01
As flexible Bayesian test criteria for nested point null hypotheses of multiple regression coefficients, partial and overall Bayes factors are introduced under a class of intuitively meaningful prior. The criteria lead to a simple method for considering different prior beliefs on the subspaces that constitute a partition of the coefficient parameter space. A couple of tests are suggested based on the criteria. It is shown that they enable us to obtain pairwise comparisons of hypotheses of the partitioned subspaces. Through a Monte Carlo simulation, performance of the tests based on the criteria are compared with the usual Bayesian test (based on Bayes factor)in terms of their respective powers.
- Regression Analysis: Theory, Methods, and Applications Sen, A.;Srivastava, M.
- Statistical Decision Theory and Bayesion Analysis Berger, J. O.
- Statistical Science v.2 Comment On Testing Precise Hypotheses Zellner, A.;J. O. Berger;M. Delampady
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.90 Multiple Bayes Factors for Testing Hypotheses Bertolino, F.;Piccinato, L.;Racugno, W.
- Journal of Statistical Planning and Inferece v.25 Robust Bayesian Analysis: Sensitivity to the Prior Berger, J. O.
- Bayesian Statistics : An introduction Lee, P. E.
- Journal of The American Statistical Association v.82 Testing A Point Null Hypotheses : The Irreconcilability of P Values and Evidence, (With Discussion) Berger, J. O.;Sellke, T.
- Theory of Probability(3rd. ed.) Jeffreys, H.