- Volume 3 Issue 3
On Confidence Interval for the Probability of Success
- Sang-Joon Lee (Department of Statistics, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA) ;
- M. T. Longnecker (Department of Statistics, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA) ;
- Woochul Kim (Professor, Department of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul University, Seoul, 151-742, Korea)
- Published : 1996.12.01
The somplest approximate confidence interval for the probability of success is the one based on the normal approximation to the binomial distribution, It is widely used in the introductory teaching, and various guidelines for its use with "large" sample have appeared in the literature. This paper suggests a guideline when to use it as an approximation to the exact confidence interval, and comparisons with existing guidelines are provided. provided.
- Technical Report 88-08 Sample Size Requirements for the Approximation of Binomial Confidence Intervals Samuels, M.L.;Lu, Tai-Fang C.
- Sampling Techniques Cochran,W.G.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.78 Binomial Confidence Intervals Blyth, C.R.;Still, H.A.
- The American Statistician v.46 no.3 Sample Size Requirements for the Back-of-the Envelope Binomial Confidence Interval Samuels, M.L.;Lu, Tai-Fang C.