- Volume 9 Issue 2 Serial No. 31
A Study on Plastic Fatigue of Structural Steel Elements under Cyclic Loading
반복하중을 받는 강구조 요소의 소성피로에 관한 연구
- Received : 1997.04.21
- Published : 1997.06.30
In order to quantify the relationships of the important physical factors relating failure to strong earthquake loading, the plastic fatigue problems for structural components under repeated loading were reviewed first. A new concept of very low cycle fatigue failure for structural components under severe cyclic excitations as in strong earthquakes was represented. Also, an experimental study was made of the very low cycle fatigue failure of structural steel elements. It was attempted to realize the ultimate failure in the course of loading repetitions of the order of several to twenty. The test specimen had a form of rectangular plate, representing a thin-plated element in a steel member as wide-flange cross section. It was subjected to uniaxial loading repeatedly, until complete failure takes place after undergoing inelastic buckling, plastic elongation and/or their combination. It was seen as a result that the state of the ultimate failure is closely related to the maximum strain at the extreme fiber in the cross section.
Supported by : 전남대학교
- Damage Process of Steel Members under Very-Low-Cycle Loading Park, Y.S.
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE v.122 no.2 Very-Low-Cycle Failure Process of Steel Angle Members Park, Y.S.;Iwai, S.;Kamada, H.;Nonaka, T.
- ASME v.12 Cumulative in Fatigue, Jour. Applied Mechanics Miner, M.A.
- Fracture and Fatigue Control in Structure (application of fractural mechanics) Rolfe, S.T.;Barsom, J.M.
- Strength Material Yokobori, T.
- J. Sbuct Engrg., ASCE v.117 no.8 Stitch Spacing and Local Buckling in SeismicResistant Double-Angle Braces Aslani, F.;Goel, S.C.
- J. Sbuct. Div., ASCE. v.98 no.5 Beam-CoIumn Subassemblages Under Repeated Loading Bertero, V.V.;Popov, E.P.;Krawinkler, H.
- Inelastic Buckling of Steel Sbuts under Cyclic Load Reversals;Rep. No. UCB/EERC-80/40 Black., R.G.;Billwenger, W.A.;Popov, E.P.
- Annuals of Disartcr Prrvcnrion Res. Inst., Kyoto, Japan v.17B A Consideration on Failure Process of Structural Steel under Repeated Flexural Loads Goto, H.;Kameda, H.;Koike, T.;Izunami, R.;Wakita, K.;Sugihara, Y.
- Proc. 8th World Conf. Earthq. Eng. v.6 Cumulative Damage of Welded Beam-to-Column Connections in Steel Sbuctures subjected to Desbucive Earthquakes Kaneta, K.;Kohzu, I.;Nishizawa, T.
- Trans. AIJ no.175 Load-Deflection Behaviors and Plastic Fatigue of Wide-Flange Beams Subjected to Alternating Plastic Bending Part I Experimental Investigation Tanabashi, R.;Yokoo, Y.;Wakabayashi, T.;Nakamura, M.;Kunieda, H.;Matsunara, H.;Kubot, T.
- Trans. AIJ no.176 Load-Deflection Behabiors and Plastic Fatigue of Wide-Flange Beams Subjected to Alternating Plastic Bending Part II Hysteretic and Skeleton Stress-Strain Relations and Plastic Fatigue of Flange Tanabashi, R.;Yokoo, Y.;Nakamura, T.;Kubota, T.;Yarmrrnto, A.
- Trans. AJJ no.177 Load-Deflection Behavior and Plastic Fatigue of Wide-Flange Beams Subjected to Altenating Plastic Ben:Iing Part Ill Steady-State Theay Tanabasi, R.;Yokoo, Y.;Nakamura, T.
- Computers and Structure v.16 no.1-4 Cumulative Damage in Steel Structures Subjected to Earthquake Ground Motions Krawinker, R.;Zohrei, M.
- IUTM Symposiwn Herrenalb Instability under Cycles of Plastic Deformation;Instability of Continuous Systems Neale, K.;Schroeder, J.;Leipholz, R.(ed.)
- 4th World Conf. Earthq. Eng., Santiago v.1 no.B2 Low Cycle Fatigue Fracture Limit of Various Kinds of Structural Members Subjected to Alternately Reported Bending under Axial Corrpression as an Evaluation Basis or Design Criteria for Seismic Capacity Yamada, M.