- Volume 9 Issue 2 Serial No. 31
Vibration Control for Tower of Suspension Bridge under Turbulence using TMD
난류하에서의 TMD에 의한 현수교 주탑의 진동제어
- Received : 1997.02.18
- Published : 1997.06.30
Before cables are constructed, tower of suspension bridge is behaved as a cantilever type. Buffeting occured by unsteady loading of the tower due to velocity fluctuation in the oncoming flow has a wind velocity consistent with fundamental frequency of the tower and may give rise to large response by the tower resonance. To reduce the dynamic response by buffeting, the behavior of tower with TMD(Tuned Mass Damper) has studied using finite element method in time domain. The buffeting was obtained by transforming the velocity spectrum in frequency domain to random variable in certain time domain. The most probable maximum displacement which can be occured during the time interval was obtained using peak factor. The optimum location for TMD installation and TMD specification were decided by parametric study. Also, the effect of vibration control about various wind velocity was studied by the TMD which has optimum specification and location.
- 서해대교의 풍동실험 결과분석 및 풍동시험 요령서 장동일(외)
- 영종대교 주탑의 시공중 계측 및 진동제어에 관한 연구 장동일(외)
- The Finite Element Method Zienkiewicz, O.C.;Taylor, R.L.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.5 Improved Numrical Dissipation for Ture Integration Algorithms in Structural Dynamics Hilber, H.M.;Hughes, T.J.R.;Taylor, R.L.
- Introduction to Random Vibrations Nigam, N.C.
- Vibration of Buildings to Wind and Earthquake Loads Balendra, T.
- Journal of Structural Division, ASCE v.100 Wind Spectra and Dynamic along Wind Response Simiu, E.
- Nat. Phys. Lab. Aero. Report v.1143 On the Flow behind a Coarse Grid and its Use as a Model of Atmospheric Turbulence in Studies Related to Wind Loads on Buildings Vickery, B.J.
- Proceedings of Institution of Civil Engineers v.28 Note on the Distribution of the Largest Value of a Random Function with Application to Gust Loading Devenport, A.G.
- Mechanical Vibration Hartog, D.