- Volume 34 Issue 4
We have derived a simple ODE system for the mush by assuming that the temperature T, the solid fraction $\phi$ and the vertical component $\omega$ of the velocity, depend on z only. Analytical solutions of the system have presentd in case of $\omega << 1 and \phi << 1$.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.227 Experimental study of directional solidfication of of aqueous ammonium chloride solution Chen, C.F.;Chen, F.
- Metall. Trans. v.1 The origin of freckles in unidirectionally solidified castings Copley, S.M.;Giamei, A.F.;Johnson, S.M.;HORNBECKER, M. F.
- IMA J. Appl. Math. v.35 The formation of freckles in binary alloys Fowler, A.C.
- Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. v.A345 Channel convection in Partly solidified systems Hellawell, A.;Sarazin, J.R.;Steube, R.S.
- Q. J. Appl. Maths v.36 A thermodynamically consistent model of a mushy zone Hills, R.N.;Loper, D.E.;Roberts, P.H.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.212 The fluid mechanics of solidification Huppert, H.E.
- Nature v.314 Dynamic solidification of a binary alloy Huppert, H.E.;Worster, M.G.
- Rev. Mod. Phys. v.52 Instabilities and pattern formation in crystal growth Langer, J.S.
- Gephys. Astrophys. Fluid. Dyn. v.25 Structure of the inner core boundary Loper, D.E.
- Structure and dynamics of partially solidified systems Loper, D.E.
- In Stellar and Planetary Magnetism Towards a theory of the structure and evolution of a dendrite layer Roberts, P.H. & Loper, D.E.;Soward, A.M.(ed.)
- Nature v.338 Compositional convection in viscous melts Tait, S.;Jaupart, C.
- J. Geophys. Res. v.97 no.B5 Compositional convection in areactive crystalline mush and the evoultion of porosity Tait, S.;Jaupart, C.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.167 Solidification of an alloy from a cooled boundary Worster, M.G.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.224 it Natural convection in a mushy layer Worster, M.G.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.237 it Instabilities of the liquid and mushy regions during solidification of alloys Worster, M.G.