- Volume 21 Issue 9
Extinction characteristics of pure hydrogen-oxygen diffusion flames, at high pressures in the neighborhood of the critical pressure of oxygen, is numerically studied by employing counterflow diffusion flame as a model flame let in turbulent flames in rocket engines. The numerical results show that extinction strain rate increases almost linearly with pressure up to 100 atm, which can be explained by comparison of the chain-branching-reaction rate with the recombination-reaction rate. Since contributions of the chain-branching reactions, two-body reactions, are found to be much greater than those of the recombination reactions, three-body reactions, extinction is controlled by two-body reactions, thereby resulting in the linearity of extinction strain rate to pressure. Therefore, it is found that the chemical kinetic behaviors don't change up to 100 atm. Consideration of the pressure fall-off reactions shows a slight increase in extinction strain rate, but does not modify its linearity to pressure. The reduced kinetic mechanisms, which were verified at low pressures, are found to be still valid at high pressures and show good qualitative agreement in prediction of extinction strain rates. Effect of real gas is negligible on chemical kinetic behaviors of the flames.
수소-산소 확산 화염;소염;스트레인율;연쇄/재결합 반응
- Combustion and Flame v.102 pp.329-340 A Numerical Investigation of Extinction and Ignition Limits in Laminar Nonpremixed Counterflowing Hydrogen-Air Streams for Both Elementary and Reduced Chemistry Balakrishnan, G.;Smooke, M. D.;Williams, F. A.
- Combustion Science and Technology v.96 pp.247-277 On the Structure of Hydrogen Diffusion Flames with Reduced Kinetic Mechanisms Lee, S. R.;Chung, S. H.
- Sandia National Laboratories Report, SAND89-8009 CHEMKIN-II:A Fortran Chemical Kinetics Package for the Analysis of Gas-Phase Chemical Kinetics Kee, R. J.;Rupley, F. M.;Miller, J. A.
- in Reduced Kinetic Mechanisms for Applications in Combustion Systems v.15 pp.177-195 Lecture Notes in Physics Gutheil, E.;Balakrishnan, G.;Williams, F. A.(aut.);N. Peters;B. Rogg eds)
- Progress in Energy and Combustion Science v.22 pp.1-28 Surpercritical Droplet Vaporization and Combustion Studies Gilver, S. D.;Abraham, J.
- in Combustion Chemistry pp.173-196 Gardiner, W.. C.;Troe, J.(aut.);W. C. Gardiner eds.)
- Combustion and Flame v.74 pp.53-69 Ignition Processes in Hydrogen-Oxygen Mixtures Maas, U.;Warnatz, J.
- Combustion and Flame v.91 pp.246-256 The Asymptotics Structure of Hydrogen-Air Diffusion Flames Balakrishnan, G.;Trevino, C.;Mauss, F.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry v.89 pp.342-349 High-Pressure Falloff Curves and Specific Rate Constants for the Reactions H + O₂=HO+O Cobos, C. J.;Hippler, H.;Troe, J.
- Journal of Chemical Physics v.86 pp.6171-6182 Specific rate constants k(E, J) and Product state distribution in simple bond fission reactions II. Application to HOOH→OH+OH Brouwer, L.;Cobos, C. J.;Troe, J.
- Combustion and Flame v.105 pp.569-590 Relationships Between Bifurcation and Numerical Analyses for Ignition of Hydrogen-Air Diffusion Flames Sanchez, A. L.;Balakrishnan, G.;Linan, A.;Williams, F. A.
- Liquid Rocket Engine Combustion Instability v.169 Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics Yang, V.;Anderson, W. E.(eds.)
- Sandia National Laboratories Report, SAND83-8209 A Fortran Computer Code Package for the Evaluation of Gas-Phase Viscosities, Conductivities, and Diffusion Coefficients Kee, R. J.;Warnatz, J.;Miller, J. A.
- Twenty-first Symposium (International) on Combustion pp.1230-1250 Laminar Flamelet Concepts in Turbulent Combustion Peters, N.
- The Properties of Gases and Liquids, 4th ed. Reid, R. C.;Prausnitz, J. M.;Polig, B. E.
- Combustion and Flame v.80 pp.7-16 Chain Mechanisms in the Overall Reaction Orders in Laminar Flame Propagation Egoifopoulos, F. N.;Law, C. K
- Twenty-firsy Symposium (International) on Combustion pp.1783-1792 A Comparison Between Numerical Calculations and Experimental Measurements of the Structure of a Counterflow Diffusion Flame Buring Diluted Methane in Diluted Air Smooke, M. D.;Puri, I. K.;Seshadri, K.
- AIAA 95-2433 Flow Visualization of Supercritical Propellant Injection in a Firing LOX/GH2 Rocket Engine Mayer, W.;Tamura, H.
- in Combustion Chemistry Warnatz, J.(aut);W. C. Gardiner(eds.)
- Lecture Notes in Physics v.15 pp.3-14 in Reduced Kinetic Mechanisms for Applications in Combustion Systems Peters, N.(aut.);N. Peters;B. Rogg(eds.)
- Combustion Theory, 2nd ed. Williams, F. A.
- Twenty-third Symposium (International) on Combustion pp.513-521 A Numerical and Asymptotic Investigation of Structures of Hydrogen-Air Diffusion Flames at Pressures and Temperatures of High-Speed Combustion Gutheil, E.;Williams, F. A.