- Volume 21 Issue 12
Performance characteristics of a small propeller fan are numerically investigated solving the continuity and Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes equations. The Reynolds stresses for turbulent transport are modelled using a k-.epsilon. turbulence model. The present numerical procedure is constructed using the Finite Volume Method with the SIMPLE algorithms. The performance parameters obtained from the calculations are compared with the measured values for the various flow rates. A performance test of the fan shows different characteristics between a radial type at small flow rates and an axial type at large flow rates. Comparisons between the predictions and the measurements show that the predicted results are in good agreement with the measured values and reasonably reproduce the sharp variations of the power and head coefficient around a flow coefficient .PHI.=0.3. These comparisons indicate that the present numerical method is capable of resolving the performance characteristics with reasonable accuracy. At low flow rates, it is found that the flow enters the fan in an axial direction and is discharged radially outward at the tip which happens in the centrifugal fan. The centrifugal effect makes a significant difference in the characteristics of a fan at the low and high values of flow coefficient.
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.113 pp.561-572 Prediction of Cascade Performance Using an Incompressible Navier-Stokes Technique Hobson, G. V.;Lakshiminarayana, B.
- AIAA Journal v.22 no.12 pp.1742-1747 Computation of Strongly Swirling Axisymmetric Free Jets Leschziner, M. A.;Rodi, W.
- Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flows Patankar, S. V.
- Int. J. for Numerical Methods in Fluids v.21 no.1 pp.1-13 Numerical Calculation of the Viscous Flow Around a Propeller Shaft Configuration Oh, K.;Kang, S
- 유체기계 Ohashi, H.;강신혁 역
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering TEACH-2E Computation Code Manual Gesmann, A. D.;Ideriah, F. J. K.
- 한국과학재단 연구보고서 축대칭 선미에서 작동되는 프로펠러 주위의 점성유동에 관한 수치해석적 연구 오건제
- ASME J. of Fluids Engineering v.116 pp.116-120 Performance Prediction by Viscous Flow Analysis for Francis Turbine Runner Vu, T. C.;Shyy, W.
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.110 pp.520-531 Prediction of Compressor Cascade Performance Using a Navier-Stokes Technique Davis, R. L.;Hobbs, D. E.;Weingold, H. D.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.20 no.4 pp.1491-1500 뒷판이 소형 프로펠러 팬의 성능특성에 미치는 영향 강신형;김진권;이승배