- Volume 21 Issue 8
This paper proposes the modeling of the dynamics of two cooperating robot manipulators performing the assembly job such as peg-in-hole while coordinating the payload along the desired path. The mass and moment of inertia of the manipulators and the payload are assumed to be unknown. To control the uncertain system, a robust control algorithm based on the computed torque control is proposed. Usually, the robust controller requires high input torques such that it may face input saturation in actual application. In this reason, the robust control algorithm includes fuzzy logic such that the magnitude of the input torque of the manipulators is controlled not to go over the hardware saturation while keeping path tracking errors bounded. A numerical example using dual three degree-of-freedom manipulators is shown.
Fixtureless Assembly;Uncertain;Robust Control Fuzzy Logic;Saturation
- Proc. of the 5th Int. Joint Conf. on A. I. Force Control in Coordination of Two Arms Ishida, T.
- Proc. of Conf. Intelligent Systems and Machines Constrained Relations Between Two Coordinated Industrial Robots Zheng, Y. F.;Luh, J. Y. S.
- Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Hybrid Position Force Control of Multi-arm Cooperating Robots Hayati, S.
- ASME WAM 92 Robust Adaptive Control for Two-arm Motion Coordination Choi, H. S.;Ro, P. I.
- J. Automatic Controls, AC v.26 Continuous State Feedback Guaranteeing Uniform Ultimate Boundedness for Uncertain Dynamic Systems Corless, M.;Leitmann, G.
- Int. J. of Robotics Research v.11 no.4 Robust force control of a robot manipulators Dawson, D. M.;Lewis, F. L.;Dorsey, J. F.
- Int. J. Man-Machine Stud. v.7 An Experiment in Linguistic Synthesis with a Fuzzy Logic Controller Mamdani, E. H.;Appilian, S.
- Proc. of KSME Spring Annual Meeting The Design of a Fuzzy Robust Controller with Input Saturation for Robot Manipulators Choi, H. S.
- In Modeling and Control of Robotic Manipulators and Manufacturing Processes Stability Analysis of Two Cooperating Robot Manipulators Kazerooni, H.
- Journal of Robotic Systems v.6 no.10 Distribution of Dynamic Loads for Multiple Cooperating Robot Manipulators Walker, I. D.;Marcus, S. I.
- Int. J. Robotics and Automation v.3 no.3 Coordinated Adaptive Position/Force Control of Dual-arm Robots Seraji, H.
- Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation A Symmetric Hybrid Position/Force Control Scheme for Coordination of Two Robots Uchiyama, M.;Dauches, P.
- IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Adaptive Load-sharing Force Control for Two Arm Manipulators Pittelkau, M. E.
- IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Force Control of Multi-arm Robot System Alberts, T. E.;Soloway, D. I.
- IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation An Adaptive Approach to Motion and Force control of Multiple Coordinated Robot Hu, Y.;Goldenberg, A. A.
- Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Coordinated Control of Two Robot Arms Tarn, T. J.;Bejczy, A. K.;Yun, X.