- Volume 21 Issue 8
The move limit strategy is used to avoid the excessive approximation in the structural optimization. The size of move limit has been obtained by engineering experience. Recently, efforts based on analytic methods are performed by some researchers. These methods still have problems, such as prematurity or oscillation of the move limit size. The existing methods usually control the bound of design variables based on the magnitude. Thus, they can not properly handle the configuration variables based on the geometry in the configuration optimization. In this research, the size of move limit is calculated based on the accuracy of approximation. The method is coded and applied to the two-point reciprocal quadratic approximation method. The efficiency is evaluated through examples.
Move Limit Strategy;Structural Optimization;Configuration Optimization;Two-point Reciprocal Quadratic Approximation;Prematured Convergence
- ASCE v.107 no.ST5 Configuration Optimization of Trusses Imai, K.;Schmit, L. A.
- Shape Optimization of Three Dimensional Continuum Structures Using Efficient Approximation Techniques Kodiyalam, S.
- 35th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Material Conference Comparison of Various of Various Move Limit Strategies in Structural Optimization Hyams, D. G.;Fadel, G. M.
- Structural Optimization v.10 no.1 A Study of Direct vs Approximation Method in Structural Optimization Park, Y. S.;Lee, S. H.;Park, G. J.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.18 no.2 구조최적설계시 직접법 및 근사법 알고리듬의 성능 비교에 관한 연구 박영선;이상헌;박경진
- Int. J. for Numerical Method in Engineering v.24 The Method of Moving Asymptotes-A New Method for Structural Optimization Svanberg, K.
- Structural Optimization v.6 Automatic Evaluation of Move-limits in Structural Optimization Fadel, G. M.;Cimtalay, S.
- AIAA Journal v.28 no.1 Approximation Method for Configuration Optimization of Trusses Hansen, S.;Vanderplaats, G. N.
- Elements of Structural Optimization Haftka, R. T.;Gurdal, Z.
- Applied Optimal Design Haug, E. J.;Arora, J. S.
- 4th AIAA/USAF/NASA/OAI Symposium on Multi-Analysis & Optimization A Study of Move Limit Adjustment Strategies in the Approximation Concepts Approach to Structural Synthesis Thomas, H. L.;Vanderplaats, G. N.;Shyy, Y. K.
- Numerical Optimization Technique for Engineering Design Vanderplaats, G. N.
- Int. J. for Numerical Method in Engineering v.36 Calculation of the Move Limits for the Sequential Linear Programming Method Chen, T. -Y.
- 불연서 구조물의 배치최적설계를 위한 이점역이차근사법 및 이동한계 전략의 개발 박영선