- Volume 21 Issue 8
The previous elastic stiffness formulas of leaf type holddown spring assemblies(HDSs) have been corrected and extended to be able to consider the point of taper runout for the TT-HDS and all the strain energies for both the TT-HDS and the TW-HDS based on Euler beam theory and Castigliano'stheorem. The elastic stiffness sensitivity of the leaf type holddown spring assemblies was analyzed using the derived elastic stiffness formulas and their gradient vectors obtained from the mid-point formula. As a result of the sensitivity analysis, the elastic stiffness sensitivity at each design variable is quantified and design variables having remarkable sensitivity are identified. Among the design variables, leaf thickness is identified as that of having the most remarkable sensitivity of the elastic stiffness. In addition, it was found that the sensitivity of the leaf type HDS's elastic stiffness is exponentially correlated to the leaf thickness.
Elastic Stiffness Formula;KOFA(Korean Fuel Assembly);TT-HDS(Tapered-Thickness Holddown Spring Assembly);TW-HDS(Tapered-Width Holddown Spring Assembly);Leaf Type Spring;Castiglianos Theorem
- Analysis of Elastic Stiffness for the Leaf Type Holddown Spring Assembly with Uniformly Tapered-thickness Considering the Point of Taper Runout Song Kee-Nam
- Elementary Numerical Analysis, on Algorithmic Approach(2nd ed.) Conte, S. D.;Carl de Boor
- Applied Numerical Methods Carnahan, B.(et al)
- An Introduction to the Mechanics of Solids(2nd ed) Crandall, H.(et al)
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.21 no.1 너비감소 판형 홀다운스프링 집합체의 탄성강성도 평가 송기남
- PWR Fuel Rod Design and Fuel Assembly Design, Lecture Notes Paul J. Sipush
- Fuel Assembly Mechanical Design Manual Song Kee-Nam and Kunz
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.14 no.1 기하학적, 재료적 비선형성을 갖는 중첩된 판스프링의 특성해석에 관한 연구 김형구(외 3인)
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.17 no.1 판형 홀다운 스프링 집합체의 강성해석 송기남(외1인)
- KWU CRT on Fuel Assembly Mechanical Design and Engineering Kim, J.D.(et al.)
- 원자력학회지 v.27 no.5 핵연료집합체 Hold-down Spring 특성해석 임정식(외 1인)
- Westinghouse Mechanical Design Manual, Fuel Assembly, Chapter 7: Fuel Assembly Holddown Springs and Screws, Rev. 03 Halligan, J. Q.