- Volume 21 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Selection of efficient coordinate partitioning methods in flexible multibody systems
탄성 시스템에서의 효율적인 좌표분할법 선정에 관한 연구
- Kim, Oe-Jo (Dept.of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Busan National University) ;
- Yoo, Wan-Suk (Busan National University)
- Published : 1997.08.01
In multibody dynamics, differential and algebraic equations which can satisfy both equation of motion and kinematic constraint equation should be solved. To solve these equations, coordinate partitioning method and constraint stabilization method are commonly used. In the coordinate partitioning method, the coordinates are divided into independent and dependent and coordinates. The most typical coordinate partitioning method are LU decomposition, QR decomposition, and SVD (singular value decomposition). The objective of this research is to find an efficient coordinate partitioning method in the dynamic analysis of flexible multibody systems. Comparing two coordinate partitioning methods, i.e. LU and QR decomposition in the flexible multibody systems, a new hybrid coordinate partitioning method is suggested for the flexible multibody analysis.
Flexible Multibody System;Modal Coordinates;Coordinate Partitioning;LU Decomposition;QR Decomposition
- ASME J. Mech. Trans. Auto. Des. v.108 QR Decomposition for State Space Representation of constrained Mechanical Dynamic Systems Kim, S. S.;Vanderploeg, M. J.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering Stabilization of Constraints and Integrals of Motion in Dynamical Systems Baumgrate, J.
- ASME J. Mech. Trans. Auto. Des. v.107 Application of Singular Value Decomposition for Mechanical System Dynamics Mani, N. K.;Haug, E. J.;K. E. Atkinson
- Department of Mechanical Engineering A Recursive Formulation for Flexible Mechanisms Kim, S. S.
- ASME J. Mech. Trans. Auto. Des. v.107 An Adaptive Constraint Violation Stabilization Method for Dynamic Analysis of Mechanical Systems Chang, C. O.;Nikravesh, P. E.
- Computer Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations: The Initial Value Problem Shampine, L. F.;Gordon, M. K.
- Computational Dynamics Shabana, A. A.
- J. Structural Mechnics v.14 no.1 Dynamics of Articulated Structures: Part I, Theory Yoo, W. S.;Haug, E. J.
- J. Guidance and Control v.1 no.3 The Structure of Multibody Dynamics Equations Jerkovsky, W.
- ASME J. Mech. Des. v.104 Generalized Coordinate Partitioning for Dimension Reduction in Analysis of Constrained Dynamic Systems Wahage, R. A.;Haug, E. J.
- J. Structural Mechanics v.14 no.2 Dynamics of Articulated Structures: Part II Computer Implementation and Application Yoo, W. S.;Haug, E. J.
- ASME J. Mech. Trans. Auto. Des. v.109 A Differentiable Null Space Method for Constrained Dynamic Analysis Liang, C. G.;Lance, G. M.