- Volume 21 Issue 8
Machine element design is a very important course in the undergraduate program of mechanical engineering in that it presents traditional design concepts. While computer aided design(CAD) receives more attention, students tend to ignore the machine element design or traditional design concepts. However, design methodologies related to machine elements are utilized quite often in practical fields. Also, design methodologies provide good insight for the decision making process of modern design. Generally, CAD is used for simple drafting without the real design process in the undergraduate program. Design software has been developed for various machine elements. Through menu display, a user can select or furnish the design input such as design objects, dimensions, environmental forces and usages, and safety factors. Then the software carries out the design processes which are the same as those of textbooks. The result of the design is filtered to have the values in the standards. The designed machine element is drawn via commercial CAD software. The software has been developed with C language on a personal computer. The developed software is being utilized successfully in a design course, and the experiences are discussed in this paper. The software can be used in industries which require the repeated process of the machine element design.
Machine Element Design;Computer Aided Design;Design Methodology;Decision Making Process
- 표준설계학 정선모;한동철
- Mechanical Engineering Design Shigely, J. S.;Mischke, C. R.
- The Engineering Design Process Etras A.;Jones J. C.
- Inside MS-DOS 6 Minasi and Mark
- 터보 C 정복 임인건
- Machine Element in Mechanical Design Robert L. Mott
- AutoCAD Release 11 Reference Manual
- Design of Machine Elements Spotts, M. F.
- AutoLISP 김찬우
- '94년도 한국정밀공학회 추계학술대회 논문집 CAD 소프트웨어를 이용한 기계요소 자동설계 시스템 개발 도성희;박경진;이흥재
- CADMEL 사용자 설명서
- KS 규격집 B-Series
- Engineering Design(2nd Ed.) Dieter G. E.
- 기계설계 박영조
- The Principles of Design Nam, P. Suh
- GENIUS 사용자 설명서
- MacSlide 사용자 설명서
- JIS 규격집 B-Series
- 최신기계설계 김천욱