- Volume 21 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the treatment of a max-value cost function in parametric optimization
매개변수 종속 최적화에서 최대치형 목적함수 처리에 관한 연구
- Kim, Min-Soo (Dept. of Mechanical Design, Graduate School of Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Dong-Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Design, Hanyang University)
- Published : 1997.10.01
This study explores the treatment of the max-value cost function over a parameter interval in parametric optimization. To avoid the computational burden of the transformation treatment using an artificial variable, a direct treatment of the original max-value cost function is proposed. It is theoretically shown that the transformation treatment results in demanding an additional equality constraint of dual variables as a part of the Kuhn-Tucker necessary conditions. Also, it is demonstrated that the usability and feasibility conditions on the search direction of the transformation treatment retard convergence rate. To investigate numerical performances of both treatments, typical optimization algorithms in ADS are employed to solve a min-max steady-state response optimization. All the algorithm tested reveal that the suggested direct treatment is more efficient and stable than the transformation treatment. Also, the better performing of the direct treatment over the transformation treatment is clearly shown by constrasting the convergence paths in the design space of the sample problem. Six min-max transient response optimization problems are also solved by using both treatments, and the comparisons of the results confirm that the performances of the direct treatment is better than those of the tranformation treatment.
- Applied Optimal Design Haug, E. J.;Arora, J. S.
- Computer Methods in Applied mechanics and Engineering v.43 Design Sensitivity Analysis and Optimization of Dynamic Response Hsieh, C. C.;Arora, J. S.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.48 Hybrid Formulation for Treatment of Point-wise State Variable Constraints in Dynamic Response Optimization Hsieh, C. C.;Arora, J. S.
- ASME Journal of mechanism, Transmission and Automation in Design v.111 Dynamic Response Optimization of Mechanical Systems with Multiplier Methods Paeng, J. K.;Arora, J. S.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.37 Optimization of Large Structures Subjected to Dynamic Loads with the Multiplier method Chahande, A. I.;Arora, J. S.
- ADS-A FORTRAN Program for Automated Design Synthesis Version 1.10 Vanderplaata, G. N.
- Integrated Design Optimization Library 3.0 for Advanced Design 김민수;최동훈
- Elements of Structural Optimization(3th Edition) Haftka, R. t.;Gurdal, Z.
- AIAA Journal v.24 no.4 Design-Oriented Identification of critical Times in Transient Response Grandhi, R. V.;Haftka, R. T.;Watson, L. T.
- Mechanical Vibrations(3rd Edition) Den Hartog, J. P.
- Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Linear Algebra for Large Scale and Real-Time Applications Large-Scale Nonlinear Constrained Optimization Conn, A. R.;Gould, N.;Toint, Ph. L.;Moonen, M. S.(ed);Gould, G. H.(ed);De Mour, Bart L. R(ed)
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.19 no.2 순차적 다항식 근사화를 적용한 효율적 선탐색기법의 개발 김민수;최동훈