- Volume 21 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Finite element analysis of eccentric loading in high-velocity impact forging
고속 타격단조시 발생되는 편심부하의 유한요소해석
- Yoo, Yo-Han (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yang, Dong-Yol (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- Published : 1997.10.01
The high-velocity impact forging process with eccentric loading condition is analyzed using the explicit time integration finite element method. In order to consider the strain hardening, strain rate hardening and thermal softening effects, which are frequently observed in high-velocity deformation phenomena, the Johnson-Cook constitutive model is applied to model the workpiece. It is assumed that the material response of the dies is elastic in the study. As a result of the eccentric loading simulation, it is found that the increase of the eccentric ratio and the allowable tilting angle cause the decrease of the maximum forging load and the blow efficiency, and it is also found that the forging load and the blow efficiency generated in the high-velocity impact forging process with three-dimensional geometry can be obtained efficiently.
- Handbook of Metal Forming Lange, K.
- Industrie-Anzeiger v.77 no.24 Der Schlagwirkungsgrad in Hammern und Schwungradspindelpressen Watermann, H. D.
- Proc. 7th Int. M. T. D. R. Conf. v.1 On the Dynamics of Forging Lippmann, H.
- Int. J. Mach. Tool Des. Res. v.7 The calibration of High Energy-Rate Impact Forming Machines Organ, A. J.
- Int. J. Mech. Sci. v.13 Estimation of Dynamic Forces in High Speed Compression Using a Free Flight Impact Forging Device Sturgess, C. E. N.;Jones, M. G.
- Int. J. Mach. Tool Des. Res. v.11 Deformation Patterns of Annular Rings of Varying Geometry Subject to Static and Dynamic Axial Compression Biswas, S.;Travis, F. W.
- Trans. ASME, J. Appl. Mech. Kinetic Dynamic Effects on the Upper Bound Loads in Metal Forming Processes Tirosh, J.;Kobayashi, S.
- J. Mech. Phys. Solids v.42 no.4 The Dynamics of Fast Metal Forming Processes Tirosh, J.;Iddan, D.
- Trans. ASMe, J. Eng. Ind. v.107 A Theoretical Investigation for High Speed Cold Forging of Short Metal Cylinders between Two Large Elastic Tools Benuzzi, E.;Soavi, F.
- Int. J. Mach. Tool des. Res. v.16 Noise Generated by a Laboratory Drop Hammer and Its Interrelation with the Structural Dynamics and Process parameters Gregorian, V.;Sadek, M. M.;Tobias, S. A.
- Int. J. Mach. Tool Des. Res. v.19 The Efficiency and Clash Load of Impact Forming Machines to the Second Order of Approximation Vajpayee, S.;Sadek, M. M.;Tobias, S. A.
- Trans. ASME, J. Eng. Ind. v.105 The Force in a Die Forging Hammer Haller, H. W.
- J. Mater. Process Technol. v.63 Finite Element Modeling of High-Velocity Impact Forging Process by the Explicit Time Integration Method Yoo, Y. H.;Yang, D. Y.
- Engineering Computations, Accepted for publication Numerical Simulation of Multi-Blow Forging Processes Using the Explicit Time Integration Finiter Element Method Yoo, Y. H.;Yang, D. Y.;Chung, D. T.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.15 no.1 엑스플리시스트 시간적분 유한요소법을 이용한 고속 성형해석(Ⅰ):마찰 및 관성효과 유요한;정동택
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.15 no.5 엑스플리시스트 시간적분 유한요소법을 이용한 고속 성형해석(Ⅱ):고속 압연해석 유요한;정동택
- Finite Element Procedures in Engineering Analysis Bathe, K. J.
- 대한기계학회논문집(A) v.20 no.5 관성효과가 고려된 강소성 유한요소법을 이용한 고속변형해석 유요한;박근;양동열
- Proc. of 7th Int. Symp. on Ballistics A constitutive Model and Data for Matals Subjected to Large Strain Rates and High Temperature Johnson, G. R.;Cook, W. H.
- American Society of Metals Tribology in Metal-workking:Friction, Lubrication and Wear, Metals Park Schey, J. A.
- Int. J. Mach. Tool Des. Res. v.22 no.1 Prediction of Linear Noise-Load Relationship for Impact Forming Machines Vajpayee, S.;Sadek, M. M.;Tobias, S. A.