- Volume 21 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the improvement of the local stress field using the theory of conjugate approximations and loubignac's iterative method
공액근사개념과 Loubignac의 반복계산법을 이용한 국부응력장 개선에 대한 연구
- Song, Kee-Nam (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- 송기남 (한국원자력연구소 신형핵연료기술개발과제)
- Published : 1997.10.01
Based on the application of te theory of conjugate approximations and the Loubignac's iterative method in a local region, a method to improve the stress filed in a displacement-formulated finite element solution has been proposed. The validity of the proposed method has been tested through two examples : a thick cylinder under internal pressure loading and an infinite plate with a central circular hole subjected to uniaxial tension. As a result of analysis of the examples, it was found that the stress field obtained for the local region model by the proposed method approximates well for the whole domain model. In addition, it was found that because of a significant decrease in the computing time to obtain the improved stress field, the proposed method is efficient and useful for the detailed stress analysis in local regions.
Displacement-Formulated Finite Element Method;Local Stress Field;Conjugate Stress;Fundamenta Matrix;Ratio of Force Imbalance Norm;Theory of Conjugate Approximations
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.8 Local and Global Smoothing of Discontinuous Finite Element Functions Using a Least Squares Method Hinton, E.;Campbell, J. S.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.101 The Superconvergent Patch Recovery(SPR) and Adaptive Finite Element Refinement Zienkiewicz, O. C.;Zhu, J. Z.
- Acta Applicandae Mathematicae v.9 On Superconvergence Techniques Michal Krizek;Pekka Neittaannmoeki
- Communications in Applied Numerical Method v.1 Iterative Solution of Mixed Problems and the Stress Recovery Procedures Zienkiewicz, O. C.;Li Xi-Kui;Nakazawa, S.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.36 Patch Recovery Based on Superconvergent Derivatives and Equilibrium Nils-Eric Wieberg and Fethi Abdulwahab
- Internationsl Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.3 On the Calculation of Consistent Stress Distributions in Finite Element Approximation Oden, J. T.;Brauchli, H. J.
- Variational Methods in Theoretical Mechanics(2nd ed.) Oden, J. T.;Reddy, J. N.
- Finite Elements of Nonlinear Continua Oden, J. T.
- AIAA Journal v.15 no.11 Continuous Stress Field in Finite Element Analysis Loubignac, G.;Cantin, G.;Touzot, G.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.26 The Specified Boundary Stiffness/Force(SBSF) Method for Finite Element Subregion Analysis Jara-Almonte, C. C.;Knigh, C. E.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.12 An Iterative Algorithm to Build Continuous Stress and Displacement Solutions Cantin, G.;Loubignac, G.;Touzot, G.
- ANSYS User's Manual for Revision 5.0
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.9 Local Least Squares Stress Smoothing for Parabolic Isoparamertic Elements Hinton, E.;Scott, F. C.;Ricketts, R. E.
- AIAA Journal v.25 no.15 Iterative Study for Three-Dimensional Finite Element Stress Analysis Hwang, W. C.;Sun, C. T.
- Finite Element Analysis Fundamentals Richard H. Gallagher
- Finite Element Procedure in Engineering Analysis Bathe, K-J.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.6 Note on an Approximate Method for Computing Consistent Conjugate Stresses in Elastic Finite Elements Oden, J. T.;Reddy, J. N.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.33 The Superconvergent Patch Recovery and a Posteriori Error Estimates. Part Ⅰ:The Recovery Technique Zienkiewicz O. C.;Zhu, J. Z.
- Design Sensitivity Analysis of Boundary Stress Constraints for Shape Optimization of Structural Systems Im, Jong-Soon
- Quarterly of Applied Mathematics no.1 conjugate Approximation Function in Finite-Elements Analysis Brauchli, H. J.;Oden, J. T.