- Volume 21 Issue 10
A numerical study for the number of terms of a power series stress function and the effect of hybrid element size on stress analysis around a hole in loaded orthotropic composites is presented. The hybrid method coupling experimental and/or theoretical inputs and complex variable formulations involving conformal mappings and analytical continuity is used to calculate tangential stress on the boundary of the hole in uniaxially loaded, finite width glass epoxy tensile plate. The tests are done by rarying the number of terms, element size and nodal locations on the external boundary of the hybrid region. The numerical results indicate that the hybrid method is accurate and powerful in both experimental and numerical stress analysis.
- Experimental Mechanics v.13 no.1 Stress and Failure Analysis of a Glass Epoxy Composite Plate with a Circular Hole Rowlands, R. E.;Daniel, I. M.;Whiteside, J. B.
- Composite Materials, Testing and Design(Third Conference) Geometric and Loading Effects on Strength of Composite Plates with Cutouts Rowlands, R. E.;Daniel, I. M.;Whiteside, J. B.
- Anisotropic Plates Lekhnitski, S. G.;Tsi, S. W.;Cheron, T.(English Trans.)
- NASA Technical Translation Stress Concentration Around Holes Savin, G. N.
- ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics v.51 A Hybrid/Finite Element Approach for Stress Analysis of Notched Anisotropic Materials Gerhardt, G. D.
- International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering v.11 no.2 A Hybrid Crack Element for Rectilnear Anisotropic Material Tong, P.
- International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering v.18 no.11 Alternative Ways for Formulation of Hybrid Stress Elements Pian, T. H.;Chen, D.
- Geometric Discontinuties in Orthotropic Compostes Rhee, J.
- Experimental Mechanics v.36 no.4 Hybrid Moire-Numerical Stress Analysis around Cutouts in Loaded Composites Rhee, J.;He, S.;Rowlands, R. E.
- Quantitative Thermoelastic Stress Analysis of Orthotropic Composite Structuress Lin, S. T.
- Experimental Mechanics v.35 no.3 Thermoelastic Stress Analysis of Orthtropic Composite Lin, S. T.;Rowlands, R. E.
- Experimental Mechanics v.35 no.2 Determining Reliable Edge Isopachic Data from Interior Thermoelasic Measurements Rauch, B. J.;Rowlands, R. E.
- Journal of Composite Materials v.29 no.9 A Hybrid Method to Determine Stresses in Orthotropic Composites Using Only Isochromatic Data Hawong, J. S.;Lin, C. H.;Lin, S. T.;Rhee, J.;Rowlands, R. E.
- Computers and Structures v.39 no.6 Smoothing Finite-Element and Experimental Hybrid Technique for Stress Analyzing Composites Feng, Z.;Rowlands, R. E.
- 대한기계학회 논문집(A) v.20 no.1 평면 탄성문제의 트래프츠 유한요소법과 캐비티요소의 구성 임장근;송관섭
- Predicting the Strength of Notched Wood Beams Zalph, B. I.
- ANSYS Program and User's Manual, Version 4.4A
- Submitted to Journal of Computers and Structures Effects of Hybrid Element Size, and Amount Quality of Input Data when Stress Analyzing Perforated Composites Baek, T. H.;Rhee, J.;Rowlands, R. E.