- Volume 21 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Acoustic characteristics of a loudspeaker obtained by vibration and acoustic analysis
진동/음향 해석에 의한 스피커의 음향특성 연구
- Kim, Jung-Ho ;
- Kim, Jun-Tai ;
- Kim, Jin-Oh (Dept.of Mechanical Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Min, Jin-Ki
- Published : 1997.10.01
The acoustic characteristics of a direct radiator type loudspeaker has been studied in this paper. The natural modes of the speaker cone vibration analyzed numerically by the finite element method have been verified by comparing them with experimental results. The so-ap-proved finite-element model has been used to calculate the vibration response of the cone excited by the voice coil. The vibration displacement of the speaker cone paper has been converted into the vibration velocity and used as a boundary condition for the acoustic analysis. The frequency characteristics, directivity, and sound pressure distribution of the loudspeaker have been calculated by the boundary element method. The numerical results have been verified by the experiments carried out in an anechoic chamber. The variations of the acoustic characteristics due to the changes of some design parameter values can be examined using the numerical model.
- Music, Physics, and Engineering(2nd Ed.) Olson, H. F.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.69 no.2 A Finite Element Approach to a Coupled Structural-Acoustic Radiation System with Application to Loudspeaker Characteristic Calculation Kagawa, Y.;Yamabuchi, T.;Sugihara, K.
- Journal of the Audio Engineering Society v.36 Calculation of the Sound Radiation of a Nonrigid Loudspeaker Diaphragm Using the Finite-Element Method Kaizer, A. J. M.;Leeuwestein, A.
- Measuring the Non-Rigid Behaviour of Loudspeaker Diaphragm Using Modal Analysis Struck, C. J.
- Analytical Methods in Vibrations Meirovitch, L.
- Principles of Vibration and Sound Rossing, T. D.;Fletcher, N. H.
- Formulas for Natural Frequency and Mode Shape Blevins, R. D.
- KSME Journal v.10 no.2 Vibrational Characteristics of Annular Plates and Rings of Radially Varying Thickness Jang, S. -H.
- Journal of the Audio Engineering Society v.22 no.3 Low-Frequency Loudspeaker Assessment by Nearfield Sound-Pressure Measurement Keele, D. B. Jr.
- Fundamentals of Acoustics(3rd ed.) Kinsler, W. E.;Frey, A. R.;Coppens, A. B.;Sanders, J. V.
- Sound and Structural Vibration Fahy, F.
- Standard Method of Test for Modulus of a Flexible Barrier Material by Sonic Method ASTM
- Numerical Integration Technologies SYSNOISE Rev 5.0 Theoretical Manual NIT
- 응용물리 v.8 no.5 직접방사형 라우드 스피커 유니트와 시스템의 지향특성 비교 이우섭;김동일;김예현;장호경