- Volume 6 Issue 1
The verification of the STL file is essential to build the confident parts using a RP machine, because the STL file obtained from the CAD software has many errors-the orientation of triangle does not coincide with adjacent triangles or some triangles are omitted, overlpped and so forth. Especially, the STL file translated from the surface model has more errors than those translated from the solid model. In this study, all possible errors were classified with the most general from and the causes of errors were analyzed to verify and correct errors. Using the triangle based non-manifold geometric modeling, these errors were corrected. Especially, this study took the notice of the problem about the intersected triangles and non-manifold properties overlooked in the previous studies. But this study has a penalty on computing time of
- International Body Engineering Conference/IBEC Virtual Prototyping Using STL Files Morvan S. M.;Fadel G. M.
- Solid Freefrom Fabrication Symposium IVECS, Interactive Correction of STL Files in a Virtual Environment Morvan S. M.;Fadel G. M.
- 第6回 光造形システムシンポジウム 光造形法における問題點とその解決法 田中文基;岸浪建史
- 한국정밀공학회 v.13 no.10 급속조형시스템을 위한 STL 포멧의 오류검증에 관한 연구 최홍채;이석희
- Compiter-Aided Design v.16 no.2 A Review of Solid Shape Modeling Based on Integrity Verification Eastman, C. M.;Preiss, K.
- 한국정밀공학회 96년도 춘계학술대회논문집 고속시작 시스템을 위한 삼가형 기반 형상 모델링 채희창
- Information Modeling the EXPRESS Way Schenck, D.;Wilson, P.
- ISO 10303-11 EXPRESS Language Reference Manual