- Volume 33 Issue 1
5-Enolpyruvylshikimate 3-phosphate(EPSP) synthase is the sixth enzyme of the shikimate pathway that synthesizes aromatic amino acids. The enzyme is a primary target for the glyphos'lte which is a broad-spectrum and environmetally safe herbicide. As a first step toward development of glyphpsate-resistant EPSP synthase, the EPSP synthase gene(aroA) was amplified by polymerase chain reaction and cluned into pET-25b vector. In this construct. designated pET-aro, the aroA gene is expressed under control of strong T7 promoter. and the EPSP synthase is produced as a fusion protein with pelB leader at N-terminus and HSV-tag and His-tag at C-terminus. When the pET-aro clone was induced to produce the enzyme, it was found that the EPSP synthase was successfully exported to peri plasmic space. The periplasmic transport was greatly dependent on the induction temperatures. Among the induction temperatures examined(
- Proteins v.8 Hormone phage:an enrichment method for variant proteins with alt-ered binding properties Bass, S.;R. Greene;J.A. Wells
- J. Bilo. Chem. v.246 On the mechanism of 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase Bondinell, W.E.;J. Vnek;P.R. Knowles;M. Specher;D.B. Sprinson
- FEBS LETT. v.154 Kinctics of 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase inhibition by glyphosate Boocock, M. R.;J.R. Coggins
- Biochem. J. v.246 The pentafuctional arom enzyme of Sacchromyces cerevisiac is a mosaic of monofunctional domains Duncan, K.;M.R. Edwards;J.R. Coggins
- Curr. Opinion Struct Biol v.3 Phage display fo peptides and protein domains Hoess, R. H.
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. v.3 Fusions of secreted proteins to alkaline phosphatase: an approach for studding protein secretion Hoffman, C. S.;A. Wright.
- Ann. Rev. Biochem. v.57 Amino acid biosyn-thesis inhibitors as herbicides Kishore, G. M.;D. M. Shah.
- Anal. Biochem. v.100 An improved assay for nanomole amounts o finorganic phosphate Lanzetta, P.A.;L.J. Alvarez;P.S. Reinach;O.A. Candia
- Esherichia col. Biochem. J. v.213 Purification of 5-enolpyruyl shikimate-3-phosphate synthase Lewendon, A.;J. R. Coggins
- Escherichia coli. Method Enzymol v.142 3-Phos-phoshikimate 1-carboxyvinyl transferase Lewendon, A.;J.R. Coggins
- Curr. Opinion Struct. Biol. v.4 Phage display structure assembly and engineering of filamentous bacteriophage M13 Makowki, L.
- Nature v.348 Phage antibodies: Filamentous phage displaying antibody variable domains McCafferty, J.;A.D. Griffiths;G. Winter;D.J. Chis-well
- Pisum sativum L. Planta v.160 Purification and properties of 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase from seedlings Mousdale, D.M;J.R.Coggins
- Plant Physiol v.76 Selection and characterization of a carrot cell line tolerant to glyphosate Nafziger, E.D.;J.M. Widholm;H.C. Steinruecken;J. L. Kilmer
- Mu-tation Research v.300 Genotoxicity testing of the herbicide Round-up and its active ingredient glyphosate isopropylamine us-ing mouse bone marrow micronucleus test, Salmonella mu-tagenecity test, and Allium anaphase-telophase test Rank, J.;A.-G. Jesen;B. Skov;L.H. Pedersen;K. Jensen
- Biotecchnology v.7 Production of soluble recombinant pro-teins in bacteria Schein, C. H.
- Oxford Surveys of Plant Mol. Cell Biol. v.7 Shik-imate pathway: Why does it mean so much to so many? Sing, B.K.;D.L. Siehl;J.A. Connely
- Vet. Hum. Tox-iol v.34 The biological ac-tivity of glyphosate to plants and animals Smith, E.A.;F.W. Oehme
- Methods Enzymol v.185 Engineering Escher-ichia coli to secrete heterologous gene products Stader, J.A.;T.J. Silhavy
- Bicchem. Biophys. Res. Commun. v.94 The herbicide glyphosate is a potent inhibitor of 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase Steinrucken, H.C.;N. Armhein
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.143 5-enolpyruvyl-shikimate-3-phosphate synthase of klebsiella pneumoniae:2.Inhibition by glyphosate 〔N-phosphonomethylglycine〕 Steinrucken, H.C.;N. Armhein
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys. v.244 Overproduction of 5-enolpyruvyl-shikimate-3-phosphate syntase in a glyphosate-tolerant Petunia hybida cell line Steinrucken, H.C.;A. Schultz;N. Amrhein;C.A.Porter;R.T. Fraley
- New Zeal Med. J. v.105 Glyphosate her-bicide poisoning experience in New Zealand Temple, W.A.;N.A. Smith
- Ann. Rev. Biochem. v.60 The enzymology of protein trasnlocation across the Escher-ichia coli plasma membrance Wickner, W.;A.J.M. Driessen;F.-U. Hartl
- Ann. Rev. Biochem. v.60 The enzymology of protein translocation across the Escherichia coli plasma membrane Wickner, W.;A.J.M. Driessen;F.-U. Hartl.