- Volume 5 Issue 1
This paper presents the method to eliminate the constraint reaction in the Lagrange multiplier form equation of motion by using a generalized coordinate driveder from the velocity constraint equation. This method introduces a matrix method by considering the m dimensional space spanned by the rows of the constraint jacobian matrix. The orthogonal vectors defining the constraint manifold are projected to null vectors by the tangential vectors defined on the constraint manifold. Therefore the orthogonal projection matrix is defined by the tangential vectors. For correcting the generalized position coordinate, the optimization problem is formulated. And this correction process is analyzed by the quasi Newton method. Finally this method is verified through 3 dimensional vehicle model.
- Linear Algebraic and Its Application, 2nd Edition Strang, G.
- Computer Aided Kinematics and Dynamics, Vol 1 : Basic Methods v.1 Haug, E.J
- Computer Aided Analysis of mechanical systems Pariviz E. Nikravesh
- Journal of Mechanism, Transmissions and Automation in design v.108 QR decompositio for state representation of constrained mechanical design systems S.S.Kim
- Math. Comp. v.43 Differential-algebraic systems as ordinary differential equations manifolds W.C. Rheinbolt
- Transanction of the ASME v.116 An Orthogonal Complement Matrix Formulation for Constrained Multibody Systems W. Blajier;D. Bestle;W. Schiehlen
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.59 A projection method approach to constrained dynamic analysis W. Blajier
- SIAM J. UNMER. ANAL. v.30 no.2 Constrained equations of motion in multibody dynacmis as ODEs on manifolds Jeng Yen
- SIAM J. NUMER. ANAL v.30 no.5 Convergence results for a coordinate projection method applied to mechanical systems with algebraic constraints Edda Eich