- Volume 7 Issue 3
A New Design Method for T-S Fuzzy Controller with Pole Placement Constraints
- Joh, Joongseon (Department of control and Instrumentation Engineering Changwon National University) ;
- Jeung, Eun-Tae (Department of control and Instrumentation Engineering Changwon National University) ;
- Chung, Won-Jee (Department of Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Changwon National University) ;
- Kwon, Sung-Ha (Department of control and Instrumentation Engineering Changwon National University)
- Published : 1997.08.01
A new design method for Takagi-Sugeno (T-S in short) fuzzy controller which guarantees global asymptotic stability and satisfies a desired performance is proposed in this paper. The method uses LMI(Linear Matrix Inequality) approach to find the common symmetric positive definite matrix P and feedback fains K/sub i/, i= 1, 2,..., r, numerically. The LMIs for stability criterion which treats P and K'/sub i/s as matrix variables is derived from Wang et al.'s stability criterion. Wang et al.'s stability criterion is nonlinear MIs since P and K'/sub i/s are coupled together. The desired performance is represented as $ LMIs which place the closed-loop poles of $ local subsystems within the desired region in s-plane. By solving the stability LMIs and pole placement constraint LMIs simultaneously, the feedback gains K'/sub i/s which gurarntee global asymptotic stability and satisfy the desired performance are determined. The design method is verified by designing a T-S fuzzy controller for an inverted pendulum with a cart using the proposed method.
- Information and Control v.8 no.3 Fuzzy Sets I.Zadeh;L.A.
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems Stability Analysis and Design of Fuzzy Systems Tanaka,K.;Sugeno, M.
- Proc. Americam Control Conference Analytical Framework of Fuzzy Modeling and Control of Nonlinear Systems:Stability and Design Issues Wang, H.O.;Tanaka, K.;Griffin, M.
- IEEE Trans. Systems ,Man,and Cybernetics v.SMC-15 no.1 Fuzzy Identification of Systems and Its Applications to Modeling and Control Takagi, T.;Sugeno, M.
- Proc. 33rd Conf. Decision and Control H Design with Pole Placement Constraints:an LMI Approach Chilali, M.;Gahinet, P.
- Proc. 35th Conf. on Decision and Control Design of Fuzzy Control Systems Based on Relaxed LMI Stability Conditions Tanaka,K.;Ikeda, T.;Wang, H.
- The math works Inc. LMI Control Toolbox:For Use with MATLAB Gahinet, P.;Nemirovski, A.;Laub, A.J.;Chilali, M.