- Volume 11 Issue 2
Estimation of burial depth for arctic offshore pipelines by an ice scour model
빙쇄굴 모델에 의한 극지 해저 파이프라인의 매설깊이 산정
- 윤기영 (현대중공업 해양사업본부) ;
- 최경식 (한국해양대학교 조선해양공학부)
- Published : 1997.05.01
The interaction of ground ice features with underlying seabed is one of the major considerations in the design of Arctic pipeline systems. Regarding the development of offshore gas field near Sakhalin Island, which is an ice-infested area, in this paper an ice scour model to determine the burial depth of Arctic offshore pipeline is studied. Using a simplified ice-seabed interaction process, ice scour depth is easily estimated. This nonlinear numerical model can simulate the scouring process for various enviromental parameters such as ice mass, incoming velocity, soil strength. This study also deals with interaction forces during the scouring process in sloping seabed conditions and discusses the ice loads that are transmitted through the seabed soil.
Ice Scour Model;Arctic Offshore Pipelines;Burial Depth;Parametric Study
- 한국해양공학회지 v.3 no.2 Ice Gouge Study in the Alaskan Beaufort Sea Machemehl, J.L.;Jo, C.H.
- Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Artic Conditions v.II Methods of Determining Pipeline Trench Depths in the Canadian Beaufort Sea Pilkington, G.R.;Marcellus, R.W.
- Journal of Petroleum Technology v.32 A Model Study of Iceberg Scouring in teh Northern Atlantic Chari, T.R.
- Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Artic Engineering v.5 Ice Scour Models Been, K;Kosar, K;Hachey J;Rogers, B.T.;Palmer, A,C,
- Proceedings of the Fifth International Offshore and Polar Engineeing Conference v.II Mechanisms of Ice Gouging Kiola, S;Saeki, H
- Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions v.I Iceberg Scouring and Pipeline Burial Depths Green, H.P;Reedy, A.S.;Chari, T.R.
- Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Artic Conditions v.2 Design Concepts for Sakhalin Offshore Production Platforms Gulati, K.C.
- ASME Proceeedings of the 13th International Confernce on Offshore Mechanics and Artic Engineering v.V Development of a Design Methodology for Pipelines in Ice Scourd Seabeds Clark J.I.(et al)
- Proceedings of the First International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference v.II Stamukhi on the Northern Sakhalin Offshore Astafiev, V.N.;Polomoshonov, A.M.;Truskov, P.A.
- Offshore Technology Conference Ice Gouge Hazard Analysis Lanan, G.A.;Niedoroda, A.W.;Weeks, W.F
- Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions v.I Ice Scour Mechanisms Palmer, A.C.;Konuk, I;Love, J;Been, K;Comfort, G
- Proceedings of the Fourth Canadian Conference on Marine Geotechnical Engineering Analysis of Subscour Deformation by Finite Element Method Yang, Q.S.(et al)